Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nov. 4 archery buck- "The Big 9"

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
This year started VERY slow. It took me a month to even lay eyes on a shooter. That was very much different than my previous 2 years here. It all seemed to change around Halloween.

Mid October (this year) I was out on a hunt and stumbled across this shed. I was able to match it up trail cam deer from last year.

shed_zpsytd7hulx.jpg

and I knew what deer it was. A deer I had lots of pictures, knew his general whereabouts of which I hunted the periphery trying to get a visual and see what he was doing.

WGI_0253_zpsvvuzjlrd.jpg

Then I saw him and saw a lot of deer activity in a certain area that I did have a stand in. So I made the decision that I needed to be in there. I went in the night of Nov. 3 and hung a stand at 10 pm when I knew all the deer would be long gone. This is something I have done in the past, but never had it work like this time (gotten close before).

At about 9:25 am a small buck came charging thru after a group of 3 does. I looked up and this big boy was coming and coming fast. By the time I got positioned and ready he was already right under me. I stopped him at 10 yards and smoked him.

He went 166" on the button as a 9. I continue to be amazed at the rewards of land management and how fun and rewarding that can be. The opportunities that this state provides are truly amazing.

2_zps6lvrnmrm.jpg

4_zpsmaqrhlst.jpg

8_zpsfvtioilq.jpg

Top Bottom