Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nov 8 Public Land 10

bowhunt44

Well, me and four other family members got drawn this year for an archery tag and decided to hunt public land so we headed up there on the 6th and started hunting the morning of the 7th. I don't think we could have picked a better week. The bucks were going crazy where we were. I grunted up 13 different bucks and we all saw several shooters every day with three in the 160-175" range. I killed this 10 point on the morning of Nov 8 at 8:20 after grunting him in. He scored right at 145 and just couldn't take the grim reaper. Just want to thank you Iowa folks for giving us the chance to come and hunt up there. It was the trip of a lifetime and we met so many great people. Not sure why Iowa isn't called the hospitality state because everyone we met was super nice.
IQ.jpg

IMG-20121108-00040.jpg

Congrats, great public land buck. If I may ask what area of the state were you hunting?

We are glad to have you. Just make sure you let people know you had a terrible time....Just kidding. I'm glad to say that we are lucky to have such great hunting here in Iowa. Congrats on the Buck!

Good area down there. Well done. It's nice to see a NR come here, put some time into scouting, and get it done rather than lay blame. Take it easy.

Glad you enjoyed hunting in IA. I have a friend who's from Centerville, so hope you enjoyed the area. Great buck as well!

Good area down there. Well done. It's nice to see a NR come here, put some time into scouting, and get it done rather than lay blame. Take it easy.

All of us had opportunities at great deer so it was well worth the trip. I got to see the rut in ways we never see it down here.

anyone else headed to centerville this mornin? :rolleyes:

Congrats man, glad you had fun! Nice to here success stories from NR who enjoyed Iowa :way:

Top Bottom