Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November 16th Success - Season Over?????

Must_Hunt

PMA Member
This morning I ended my season at 7:45. At about 7:20 I did about a 30 second rattling sequence. A few minutes later I had a mature 5x half racker come through one of my shooting lanes. I obviously let him walk and thought to myself why couldn't he have had both sides. He went to a draw to the south and I lost track of him. Then I saw a deer cutting across the draw and I pulled out the can and gave him three bleats, he turned on a dime and came straight to me....it was the half rack again. A few minutes later I looked back in the same draw and saw a shooter buch cutting across the same direction. I again pulled out the can and gave hime 3 bleats and he to turned on a dime and came to the opening in the fence. About 30 yards from the fence he stopped and threw his neck back and checked the wind. The wind was not very steady where I was this morning and I was a little nervous, but then he started walking again and I knew that I was going to get a shot. He is a non typical 13 pointer and we green scored him at a little over 170 gross. He had a broken tine just inside his G2 on the left side that would have matched the one he has on the right side that would have made him close to a 180 gross. I do not really care he is a great buck and I am tickled to have him. Hope everyone has the same kind of luck this year. Just wanted to share my story with everyone.

T

LET"S SEE"EM!!!!
bouncefire.gif
bouncefire.gif
bouncefire.gif

Tim this is 2 booners in a row! You gotta get those pics up of this thing. I saw the deer after he shot it and he is definetly a awesome deer. Congrats again Tim on such a great harvest.

Thanks B.J. I will try to get the pictures on the site tomorrow. Remember if you want to go in the morning be at my house at 5:30. I hope you and Hillbilly have some luck. We saw three bucks tonight, one of them was a real wall hanger but he had a doe and didn't want to play with anyone else.

T

I met MustHunt in person tonight. Actually I've been running in to him a couple nights a week now for about 3 weeks and didn't even know. He's my 8 year old daughter's basketball coach! Saw the rack from this buck tonight after her ball game and it's every bit as nice as described. Remember MustHunt...if you need that picture of the harvest scanned, just bring it to the next game or practice and I'll take care of it for you.
smile.gif

The THIRD week of November.... I swear someday I'll have the willpower to hold out for the TAIL! When the big boys are back in the seeking phase.

Sounds like a great buck. I figure you let some nice ones walk in the last couple weeks. Pat that back.....

Hey scout thank you. Yes I have passed a few bucks this year. I kind of set a 150" minimum for myself. I always take the third week of November off because I have always felt that was the week when some of the does have been serviced and the big bucks have to travel more to find them. The 150" doesn't always hold true but it doesn't bother me to let them pass, I always have my video camera with me and I just get them on tape.

It was nice to meet you also tonight Hawkeye fan, hopefully we will get a chance to talk more about this bowhunting thing. I will get a picture to you so you can post it for me, I would really appreciate it.

T

Top Bottom