Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Draw Stats

Zim

Has anyone seen this new breakdown for NR's the IADNR came out with?

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/drawing_statistics.pdf

It doesn't seem to make sense to me, unless I'm reading it wrong. If you add up the 4pt + 3pt + 2pt tags issued for zone 5 they add up to 70 less than the 560 NR bow quota, which implies some people with only one point drew. I know it takes like 3 pts for bow zone 5. What up with this?

Last edited:
Keep in mind that a lot of guys are just putting in for points with no intention of drawing a tag for this year. Even if they have four or five points, they may not have time to hunt this year so they just get another point.

Interesting stats, I thought they were thinking about allocating it by county in the future?

Zim, the pp on the right are the pp they have going into 2013. So there are 279 guys that applied in 2012 and now have 3 pp going into the 2013 draw.

Thanks for the link

Tim

Last edited:
If you read the top of the chart it says that the people who only bought a preference are NOT included in the numbers. It is only a chart showing the people who put in for the license draw. Reading just the chart it would look like you have a chance of getting drawn in zone 5 with only one point but in reality it will probably take three.
It also says it is impossible to track the people who only bought a point because they can later put in for any zone and any season......so you will never know where they will fall into the mix until they actually try to draw a license.
At first glance the chart can be a little deceiving.

Top Bottom