Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR & R Party Hunting Poll

Are you for NR or R party hunting?

• FOR NR PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • AGAINST NR PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • FOR R PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • AGAINST R PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • DON’T CARE

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Change your question to.....Do you agree NR hunters should not be allowed to party hunt. Your current question doesn't match up to the yes or no answers.

I’m against it plus I already told my nonresident buddies to buy their preference points and save them for a bow tag. It’s a much more rewarding hunt than shotgun season imo but it’s also great week to make memories and thin out some does for our farm. Just wish this would have come out before the application period started. I would’ve done a few things different for sure.

Thank you! I at the hospital and forgot my readers!! Hope everyone has a great day as this is a very small problem in your lives!!
Take care Ishi. I've been thinking about you and your family a lot! As each year goes by I really contemplate how much I want hunting to consume my thoughts and time.

You are spot on, this is a very small problem in life. As much as I enjoy hunting I really dislike the pissing and moaning and everyone's personal agendas being pushed and the hypocritical words and actions of people. You literally can't make every single person happy all the time. Life is not fair and that's how its going to be.

You are spot on, this is a very small problem in life. As much as I enjoy hunting I really dislike the pissing and moaning and everyone's personal agendas being pushed and the hypocritical words and actions of people. You literally can't make every single person happy all the time. Life is not fair and that's how its going to be.
Another reason turkey hunting is 1000x better than deer hunting.

Another reason turkey hunting is 1000x better than deer hunting.
There’s one advantage Turkey hunters have…. They don’t have all the special interests looking to exploit it every year!!!! Pretty rare that we will ever talk about: party hunting turkeys, rifles (I did eat crow on that one), actively reducing population by half, outfitter tags for them, longer seasons, depredation tags, etc. Whatever…. There’s so little exploiting & targeting of turkeys vs deer (not none but very little). Why is that???? It’s because every other state has as good or reasonably good turkey hunting. So iowa isn’t this big bullseye everyone wants to flee to to turkey hunt.
All these discussions & debates on deer would not be taking place if other states would fix their broken systems!!!!

An IW poll is not gonna match up with a state poll. Most guys on here are serious hunters.

The deer drive/one weekend hunters that bring back their son, nephew, cousin from say Michigan to hunt with them is not really on IW.

Let’s hope we don’t keep restricting Nonresidents in every state, or retaliate against one another .

I know I could get a poll to be 80% excluding nonresident bear hunters in Minnesota. It’s simple and obvious. Is this where we want to go ? … and by the way I got another Bear on my camera last night ! IMG_5168.jpeg

Like others have said on here, a lot of serious hunters aren't fans of party hunting. I have to admit, it is not my preferred method when I really want to hunt. I will say though that I really enjoy getting out with my less serious hunting family members and shoot some deer. If we get a nice buck, great. If all we shoot are does, ok.

Just because it isn't your preferred way to hunt doesn't mean it should be banned. I don't have the answers for how to keep it from getting abused, but be careful of what you call for being banned or "canceled". It could be something you care about next.

I want everyone to think about something. I’ve been on this site for maybe 15+ years. I’ve never seen it more united, “decent to eachother” & Dbag-free as the last 5 years. There’s absolutely room to disagree & debate here. Love it. Keep that In mind when it comes to a HEATED & EMOTIONAL issue - whatever side you’re on. I have zero issue with polar opposite views on any issues being expressed. Just do it with an ounce of empathy & grace towards anyone with an opposing view. & remember - we can’t let an issue divide us that none of us are responsible for. Even if a certain group is “for a certain issue” - I assure you all…. We all likely agree on 90% of the most important issues in life & hunting.

I voted against both NR and R party hunting. On reflection that's where I sit but it's not that simple. I honestly don't have any problem with a true party hunt where a group of family and friends gets together and truly party hunts. Everyone agrees their tags are in the pool and any deer shot gets tagged appropriately and legally even if that group contains some NR.

It is my nature to shoot the deer for my tag and NOT fill anyone one else's so I don't party hunt.

What I don't like is any kind of loophole or bending of the spirit of the rule. I don't like an R buying tags for wife, kid or whoever and doe tag for themselves with the express purpose of them filling that buck tag during shotgun as well as having just as much as I don't like an NR coming in with a doe tag but having the express purpose be to fill an R's buck tag.

I don't want to see deer drives and pushes banned. That just smacks of an elitist attitude. the way things are going they're fading away anyway.

Top Bottom