Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NW Nebraska

2 buddies and myself are planning a trip to NW Nebraska turkey hunting. We have narrowed the weekends that we can't go do to Easter, wedding anniversary's and the Iowa youth season. So we are looking at the first weekend of May and intially looking at roughly the Crawford area due to the public access around that area.

From doing some searches I know several members have been. Has anyone been during that time frame and hunted public? I am curious to how much hunting pressure there is on public. We are already looking at maps and will call the CO once we get closer. Is there any other advice or tips that we are not thinking of? We are also planning on bringing our hiking boots and figure we will just keep covering ground until we get away from people and find some birds.

Look into the Chadron area also. Good public ground there too. Hunted Fort Robinson and Chadron area. Had better luck in Chadron, but that was a few years ago

Might want to look into wildcat hills south of scottsbluff monument. Great scenery and a lot of turkeys. Not sure on pressure during turkey season.

Just curious if anyone has hit NW Nebraska yet this year? My buddy and I are planning on heading out the first week in May to try our luck.

Stop at the NGPC building southeast of Crawford & ask for Dean Studnicka. Not sure if he still works there but if he does he'll put you on birds. There will be some pressure but it's pretty easy to get off the beaten path out there. Good luck!

Top Bottom