Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

October 30th 10 pointer

Buckhunter

This is a buck my hunting bud shot his first time in out in a stand we had set that morning.He was not to sure he wanted to even sit in it since we had just moved it but he took a chance and this buck is the very first deer that came by and the first deer he had even seen from a stand this year.He made a perfect 20 yard double lung shot and the arrow blew through and stuck in the ground.He was able to watch the buck go down about 80 yd's out.He's a main frame 10 with very little deduction's,I would say less them a couple of inch's if that.Just a very nice 3 year old buck.On a side note,he exspired "ON TOP OF A VERY STEEEEEP HILL".Thank you deer god's!!!!
Congrat's Andy!!!I'll miss spending time in the wood's with ya.
300Andy_s_deer-med.jpg
waytogo.gif

Nice buck-hunter. You must be living right. 1st deer,first sit. Great job. That boy looks like he's been eating good. The deer is pretty good size also. Congrats!!

Theory:
The best time to hunt a stand is the first time. My dad preached this all the time. I have come to believe this also. Especially since I have been using a climber and a packable portable more and more. I would go even further and say that the best time to hunt a stand is the first time and that being on the same day that you moved the stand. Reasoning: The deer won't have it and you patterned. So when they get to the area and notice that something maybe wrong chances are the arrow is already on the way. Then don't have time to find your scent where you were messing around hanging the stand. If they do they should be close enough for the shot. Just my opinion and experience.
Last year I took my best buck to date from a climber that I setup after getting into the area for the first time. This year I have let the area cool off and plan on going into it again in the next week or so.
Good luck
waytogo.gif

Man, that sucks!!!! I'd be so mad if I had to shoot one the first time out.

Seriously, that's a great deer. He should be proud.

Its about time we got a fresh harvest photo. Things are about to explode very soon....that my prediction anyway. Get hte scanners ready to upload some pics!
Congrats on a great buck andy!
grin.gif

NICE buck!
Sucker looks to be nearly as big as the 285 lb field dressed buck I saw hanging last week. Bruiser!!!

Top Bottom