Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

off season

Fishing, softball, kids baseball, more fishing, some golf, more fishing, love to garden and grow my own food, and more fishing.

Hunting is the last thing on my mind right now.....been way to busy enjoying life's many otherfine things.....and catching some dandy pike and walleye.

Good thread.

Foodplots, 3d shoots, family time, and recently I've become obsessed with handgun plinking.

Just bought her today and I'm an idiot and didn't wear ear protection tonight. Will the ringing ever stop.

gun.jpg

Wish I had my own piece of paradise to do food plots and different things like that during the off season but I don't. Lots of golf for me...better get it in while I can. Baby #1 on the way in September

Been working 60+ hour weeks since late January, trying to get some fishing in with my kids, wildfire season, scouting/running cams in my elk unit for this September, shooting my bow as much as possible (with my daughter), and more fishing.

I put all of my stands up in March so I'm pretty much done with deer hunting for the summer. I generally don't run trail cameras until the season starts. I golf a lot, go catfishing, grow sweet corn, shoot my bow a lot, take the boat out on the res, have bonfires, and drink beer. I'm always thinking about deer hunting but I don't really start getting the itch to sit in a stand until late September or whenever the air starts getting a little crisp.

Nice Staggered Crossbacks on your bike, we make them right here in Traer Iowa, I get the pleasure to manufacture those :way:

This summer- Running a few races, coaching Little League, getting Elk Gear ready, shooting, catching some trout and drinking a few brews:drink1:.

The orchard got some long overdue pruning back in February. I did a bunch of firewood cutting/splitting, brush clearing during Feb, March and early April. Planted 100 acorns during that time as well. Spring turkey hunting morphed into fishing. I've been busy planting and taking care of three gardens.

Took a break from working out while I had a three week long cold. Finally over it and I need to get back into the routine in preparation for Wyoming Sept. 1.

Work trip to Phoenix before then, though.:(

Turn that frown updside down, Randy, with a trip to Flagstaff to cool off and get out of that God-foresaken valley where it's 110 in the shade! :way:
I thought about Flagstaff when making travel arrangements. I also thought about heading north to my friend's Sedona house (I still have a key for it), but I'm already getting in to Phoenix early to spend time with my sister and her family. I'll wait to cool off on the north slopes of the Wyoming Bighorn Mtns. :D

This off season is being spent having a new house built. We're living in a house on a sketchy side of Des Moines temporarily till the new house gets done. I work with the guy that owns the house and he said we can live there as long as we want rent free just as long as we get rid of the Peach colored walls and ceileings in the whole house! His mom (who he moved to a nursing home a few years ago) favorite color was peach so she painted EVERYTHING peach. So what little free time I have has been busy painting the house normal colors. If I'm not busy painting or chasing the kids around I like to geocache.

Top Bottom