Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Off Topic: major infestation of box elder bugs. HELP

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Anyone dealt with these bugs? There have to be several thousand on the outside of my house and they are getting in. Although harmless, it is getting annoying as hell. Any suggestions??

I've sprayed around my foundation with Spectracide and had good results. I usually do it in the spring and again in the fall. You can use dish soap and water which will kill them, but the Spectracide keeps them away for a couple months. You can buy it at Theisens, menards, and the like. Good luck.

Anyone dealt with these bugs? There have to be several thousand on the outside of my house and they are getting in. Although harmless, it is getting annoying as hell. Any suggestions??

Give it a few days. It happen every year after we have a handfull of cool days followed by a warm one.

Bayer tempo sfc will kill anything, about 50 dollars from MFA in a concentrate but will kill anything that touches where it was sprayed for a month, one bottle will do numerous sprayings too. Spray on my house around windows, foundation, everywhere, don't find bugs in my house at all.

Bayer tempo sfc will kill anything, about 50 dollars from MFA in a concentrate but will kill anything that touches where it was sprayed for a month, one bottle will do numerous sprayings too. Spray on my house around windows, foundation, everywhere, don't find bugs in my house at all.

Spiders too?

Guy at mfa told me he sprays it in his and had little kids, he said he just kept it near the baseboards. I mainly just spray outside my house where a bug might be able to get in, I spray about every month and half.

Top Bottom