Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ohio bowhunting?

bowtech150

Backstrap Assassin
Decided my dad and I are gonna do a trip this year somewhere and have settled on Ohio for a deer archery hunt as it is a dang good deal. Was wondering if anyone had any info on good areas to look into or other usable info for a trip like this. We dont want to do an outfitting hunt. We would rather knock on doors for someones private ground or find some decent public ground to hunt. Be a little bit more rewarding to us. Thanks guys for any help.

Decided my dad and I are gonna do a trip this year somewhere and have settled on Ohio for a deer archery hunt as it is a dang good deal. Was wondering if anyone had any info on good areas to look into or other usable info for a trip like this. We dont want to do an outfitting hunt. We would rather knock on doors for someones private ground or find some decent public ground to hunt. Be a little bit more rewarding to us. Thanks guys for any help.

Your leaving Iowa for Ohio? Crazy guy. I would shoot for AEP recreation lands in Perry County. That place produces some giants every year! Then knock on doors in that area for private access.

To go along with Medic, The Wayne National Forest covers a lot of ground and is a popular public area for us in Southeast Ohio. Perry County has a good chunk of WNF. I've only hunted there a couple times, so I'm far far from an expert about it. There's a lot of public access, just need to find the pockets less traveled.

Shawnee St. Forest. It would be a big woods hunt in rough and rugged country. Lots of land and plenty of room for a buck to grow big and old. In a populated state it's one of the few places where a buck could die of old age without ever seeing a human.

Check out Brush creek state forest along route 73 between rt 32 and Rarden. Some good deer numbers there and some really good bucks have come out of there every year. It's right on the Adams/Scioto county line.

Thanks guys for your input I will look into these places. Just need something different to do. It will be a nice trip for my dad and I to go on together since we dont get to hang out very often.

Top Bottom