Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oklahoma hunt

nelson81

Got a small group of guys heading down this spring to hunt Rio's. I have a couple spots in mind, but was looking for some decent areas. Anybody have any input on where to go or stay. Thanks

I havent hunted Oklahoma but did a few miles across the border near Shamrock Texas. The "guide" we used, Yancey Bishop also has ground in Oklahoma near where he lives. If you shoot me a PM I'll send you his contact info.

I just got back from hunting hogs near Geary,OK and I saw hundreds of turkeys. I think they do turkey hunts on the ranch but I'm not sure what they charge. It's a cool area though, it is a 15000 Acre cattle ranch.

Anywhere west of I-35 you ought to be able to find Rios.

Oklahoma is somewhat unique in that we have Rios, Easterns, and Merriams. A couple of outfitters here offer what they call the 'Sooner Slam,' where they load you up in a mobile home and take you from the panhandle where we have Merriams to the southeast corner of the state where Easterns are abundant, stopping somehwere along the way to throw lead at a Rio. I always thought that would be a really cool trip with a small group of guys.

Thanks for the input. Got the spot figured out and cabins reserved. Public land in west central Oklahoma. Should be fun. The final stop will be Florida in a couple years

Anywhere west of I-35 you ought to be able to find Rios.

Oklahoma is somewhat unique in that we have Rios, Easterns, and Merriams. A couple of outfitters here offer what they call the 'Sooner Slam,' where they load you up in a mobile home and take you from the panhandle where we have Merriams to the southeast corner of the state where Easterns are abundant, stopping somehwere along the way to throw lead at a Rio. I always thought that would be a really cool trip with a small group of guys.

That would be an awesome hunt!

Top Bottom