Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Buck made a mistake…. IL shotgun 2023

Baby-G

PMA Member
So the first day of Illinois shotgun season was wet and warm.. I didn’t see anything that interested me in the slightest. I hunted a farm that has some giants on it but had to much pressure so this morning I switched farms to a stand I average a lot of inches per sit….

It’s a spot 95 percent of hunters would walk right past…. But it produces and produces…. It is a perfect place for a big buck serial killer to sit….

So this buck has been mature, heavy horned and huge body since 2020. He made a fatal mistake of getting down wind of my Maniac 150 drag rag before getting down wind of me…. First light here he come working the field edge cover straight towards me….

I glassed him and immediately reached for the old T/C Pro-Hunter cambered in Federal 12 gauge Trophy Copper Blastic-tip…

At about 12 yards at 10 o’clock I squeezed the trigger and boom he fled and crashed quickly 35 yards in front of me to my west…

Short hunt…. Perfect weather so i saved my best spot for perfect weather conditions…. The old warrior isnt quite as big as last year but a fine trophy for me! Now time to focus on the one here at home…. Stay tuned for him!

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 134
So the first day of Illinois shotgun season was wet and warm.. I didn’t see anything that interested me in the slightest. I hunted a farm that has some giants on it but had to much pressure so this morning I switched farms to a stand I average a lot of inches per sit….

It’s a spot 95 percent of hunters would walk right past…. But it produces and produces…. It is a perfect place for a big buck serial killer to sit….
I hunted a similar spot in Illinois that was a killer spot, lots of inches ;) and it was a spot my buddy's thought was nuts. 535" later They realized I wasn't so dumb after all.

Congrats on another old warrior!

It is in a corner of a wood lot about 8 yards inside the edge…. It has two field edges. You cant be winded without having a shot unless you have a east wind…. And i never hunt it with a east wind obviously…. Its on the edge of thick bedding and is a mega buck travel corridor…. Also the doe’s use the area lots…. No acorns or any fruit trees…

Top Bottom