Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Friends and Great Memories-The "Twin Towers"

buck1979

Here are some trail cam pics of an old friend of mine... We spent alot of time together... I spent hours looking for his sheds and filming him.

These are his 2006 pictures, I had set my sights on a typical 8x8 in the area, and decided that was the only deer I wanted to take, so in the stands I went with my bow and camera... Now that was the hardest hunt of my life, on three different ocasions in the first month of the season, I had to film him, and pass him up in wait for the one I had set out for...Now for me, that was very hard as his crab clawed browtines were very unique, it's not everyday i find a buck with 12+ inch split browtines, and he was old now and I'd have been happy with him for sure... But I stuck to my guns and when I finally harvested the one I was after, I was very pleased. Now later in the year, I went back to check on my old buddy, the twin towers, I fimed him a night or two and then it happened........ in the rut, the old boy finally made a mistake and one load blast from a 12ga shotgun knocked old twins right of his feet, and in an instant I had lost an good friend...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

tt6.jpg

tt2.jpg

tt8.jpg

Here he is with anoter friend, "Frank The Tank"...a very large bodied deer, Frank lives to this day, and has put on serious mass.

tt18.jpg

And here, my most favaorite picture ever...2 Boone and crockett deer readying themselves for war.... It is of The twin towers going out to meet the 8x8, That I ended up harvesting, to do battle...Both deer in aggresive posture...I can look at the picture for hours imagining what transpired in the next few moments...Did nothing happen but a little posturing, or did old Twins teach my buck a lesson in respecting his elders, and remain king of his domain,,, or did my buck challange and fight his heart out against twins in epic struggle and begin the start of a shift in power, showing old Twins that his time has come and gone, and that a new deer will reign supreme in the area... I shot my deer, the 8x8 in the pic with twins, only 4 days later...50 yards from where this photo was taken... Ol'Twins was there that night too, only 15 yards behind him coming up the trail...It was surely a bittersweet day, There was the excitment of harvesting the deer I had watched, studied and yerned after for 3 years, but also a touch of sadness for disturbing the respect they had for each other, for intruding on their way of life, and for making a certian end to a sight I'd never see again....

In the days following me taking my deer, to keep myelf from feeling bad about the situation, I pondered that maybe, just maybe, by taking my deer I might have Let The Twin Towers retain his pride, and reclaim his seat at the top of the chain....If only for a little longer...

tt19.jpg

Re: Old Friends and Great Memories-The "Twin Towers"

Very nice. That last picture is unreal. Thanks for sharing

Those eye guards are unreal. Nice pics, keep them coming!!

WOW WOW WOW great pics would love to see one like that

That's it!!! I'm moving to Canada. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Great pics and story! Thanks for sharing.

Only an 8 x 8? Why couldn't you hold out for something bigger? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Those are some nice pics...you have any harvest pics of the 8x8?

8x8? Got any harvest pics?

Twin Towers... it's legal to shoot off the road up there?

man, tremendous deer! What a great experience to have him that close so many times...way to go...

Thanks for the great commnets guys, and thanks for reading...

For sure, here's some trail cam pics and harvest pics of the 8x8 I mentioned. As typical he was scored as a mainframe 8x8, with 20 scorable points with 13 inches of abnormals, typical 186, non-typical 199.

SUNP0391_JPG2.jpg

SUNP0397_JPG2.jpg

SUNP0535_JPG2.jpg

and the after....

DSC00137.JPG

DSC00132_JPG2.jpg

222.jpg

PICT0040_2_.jpg

Re: Old Friends and Great Memories-The "Twin Towe

No harvest pics of the big brow then eh?

Do you know who shot him?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No harvest pics of the big brow then eh?

Do you know who shot him? </div></div>

Yeah, ind a rond about through a guy that knows him way...Anyway, I asked for a harvest, or field pic of him to put in my book to close his chapter....No was the awnser... no worries....

Man I am sure glad Kaare got you on board here.......pics like that are what dreams are made of.

Holy crap that thing is a beauty....I absolutely love shoulder pedestal mounts like that, it really makes them look huge. That rack is sick. Nice work man.

wow, great pics, i think i am in love with those browtines

Great pictures! You and Kaare have some monsters up there!

Muddy, it is not legal to shoot from the road here but in all honesty, over 50 percent of people do just that, road hunt, cruise around, spot one, jump out and blast away. Hard to patrol with so few C.O s. I wish it was illegal to shoot within 200 metres of the road, but then...I would never hunt, Iwould spend the whole season trying to roar around and get licence plates.

By the way....no way I'd have been able to pass up that Twin tower buck Dean.

Top Bottom