Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Olde photo take 3:

oh2b

My Great Great Grandfathers buck shot outside Crawford Nebraska on the family farm.
Picture.jpg

Me too. I know its not at the Fort or at any Cabelas. Its almost to where I got to go knocking on doors
crazy.gif

James

Love the old photos. Look at the snow tires on the car and is that an old military rifle? I'm guessing the early '50s for the photo?

The 'Bonker

That is a cool picture, you are lucky to have it.

I'm wondering if that rack got nailed to a shed like so many did back in the day.
crazy.gif

That is a great photo. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to stuff a monster like that into the trunk of a car!
grin.gif
What caliber is that rifle? Hope you find out more about this deer, he's a beauty!

[ QUOTE ]
That is a cool picture, you are lucky to have it.

I'm wondering if that rack got nailed to a shed like so many did back in the day.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was shoulder mounted. It was kept at my great grandfathers place of work, The town water dept. After he died no one initially went to pick up the mount. When someone finally went to pick it up it wasn't there and no one knew where it was
smirk.gif

that looks to be an 1892mod 30/40Krag-jorgansen. Big ol muley for that part of the country

If someone would publish a book full of old pictures like that one with a short story behind each one I would buy it in a heartbeat.

[ QUOTE ]
If someone would publish a book full of old pictures like that one with a short story behind each one I would buy it in a heartbeat

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone would publish a book full of old pictures like that one with a short story behind each one I would buy it in a heartbeat

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking of seconding then I read this
grin.gif

Thats awesome!! What a buck.

I grew up in Alliance not far from there. Are there many mulies left around there. Seemed like the whitetails where pushing them out when I moved 15 years ago. Awesome area to hunt. Do you Hunt around there? Been meaning to get back sometime to chase one of those pine ridge turkeys. Last time I went back to hunt was 10 12 years ago right after that big fire and couldn't find many deer.

Top Bottom