Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Olympic Hockey

muddy

I've never much cared for hockey until this years Olympics, there have been some absolutely amazing games this year. Is the NHL like this or are these games awesome because they're basically all stars actually playing for something other than some stupid all star trophy?

The USA/Canada game was awesome the other day. All I know is that I don't want to be playing Canada anytime soon, they are out for blood!

I used to be a big hockey fan growing up but I stopped watching it for a long time. I don't think the NHL regular season is that great to watch, I do watch a little but the playoffs and finals are usually pretty good.

The Canadians looked like they were pissed last night. Some hard hits!

I went to a fight once and a hockey game broke out!:D

What hockey team is it that the fans throw octopus on the ice?

Hockey........by a landslide the best sport I've ever played, and the most difficult in terms of any Joe Blow doing it. No sport is easy to become world class at but hockey is the hardest of all I think.

P.S, the NHL regular season is a yawner..like MLB, too many games, but playoffs are great, much like what you're watching.

i tried to get into watching hockey a few years ago....couldn't pull it off. i watched the last 10 minutes of the US/swiss game and loved it. the olympic announcers do an awesome job explaining the action

P.S, the NHL regular season is a yawner..like MLB, too many games, but playoffs are great, much like what you're watching.

Agreed, I watch the world juniors, Olympics, and NHL in playoffs only. Having said that I have spent many more hours in an arena than in the woods..........

Might be another Canada /US showdown on Sunday if they both win tomorrow night.

Go Canada!!!

Agreed, I watch the world juniors, Olympics, and NHL in playoffs only. Having said that I have spent many more hours in an arena than in the woods..........

X2 my friend. All the inches of antler I've killed or found in sheds wouldn't scratch the surface of the number of pucks I have fired in my life.

One cannot gain a true appreciation of hockey until you attend a game. TV does not do it justice. If you are there you can literally feel the hard checks and it is much faster in person than on TV.

NHL tickets are wayyy too expensive. I go to the local Cedar Rapids Rough Riders games and they are fast, I've been to one Des Moines game and they are faster. I have been to one NHL game and they are like milk through a lactose intolerant kid, always on the run, er ah, I mean skate.

Not to mention the cow bells.

The ‘Bonker

I am looking forward to tomorrow's Gold medal matchup. The U.S has looked very good, lead by excellent goaltending and timely scoring. Both teams are deserving based on their play so far.

A bit off topic I guess but I just thought I'd share a bit of what has taken up alot of my time this winter. I've been doing quite a bit of travelling to neighboring towns or the local rink on weekends since Dec. I also have spent more time flooding, scraping and shovelling the front yard rink than I have looking for sheds. Little boys need to have dreams and this particular one has spent alot of time glued in front of Olympic hockey games and I could make a pretty safe bet to what his would be.
1093-2030.jpg

Today he spent at least 3 hrs out there. He tells me he beat his mom 15-1.
1093-mommy.jpg

Last edited:
I've always had trouble watching hockey on TV, but used to go to the DesMoines Bucs games back in the day as well as the ISU hockey games. Looking forward to Sunday's matchup. And, Sask, WAY TO HELP DREAMS COME TRUE!

Great game on Sunday, it didn't seem like the US team showed up till half way thru the 2nd period. I loved the tying shot with 22 seconds left and was really hoping for a shoot out.

I am not a big fan of regular season hockey, but love to watch playoff hockey. If you can actually make it to a game it is even better live.

I agree with you Muddster the Olympic hockey games were freakin awesome.

Top Bottom