Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

On the lawn

I started feeding critters around the first of the year waiting to get past most of the hunting. I've been puting out 50lbs of cracked corn every morning and on the bitter days adding around 20 lbs of roasted beans. Yesterday this gal showed up with three friends at around 10:00 AM.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/22118/ppuser/589/22117/ppuser/589

They stayed quite awhile before moving up the hill. After they moved off I had 23 squirrels on the yard. Last Thursday morning I had 91 Morning Doves lined up on the lawn at 7:00 AM. Pretty cool week.

AGS

I've spent about 3 hours trying to get the 2 pics of her into my post and am on the verge of taking a 12 ga. to my computer. If anyone wants to give me an assist on getting them up I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

AGS

Here ya go Loren. I saw one of those last year. Pretty cool looking.

What are you gonna do about all the tree rats?

100_0580.jpg

100_0588.jpg

I saw one last spring while turk hunting, hoped I would see her again this fall, but no luck. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Pretty cool!

Pretty good snow camo, huh?

Beautiful smoke phase you have there. I have seen two smoke phase hens my entire life. One old hen I have spotted several times and I have tried to tag her during the fall season on several occasions. Maybe next year.....

hoofline.gif

Great photo, I have only seen one hen that had that color phase. Thanks for sharing with us. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</span> Details Here!<span style="color: #CC0000">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

She's a beauty! Great pics. I had the same problem with posting some pics recently. What's the trick Moose? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

That brings back horrible horrible memories of a partially white hen that haunted me for a few years. She could pick me out of a treestand at 150 yards, she was crazy.

Top Bottom