Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

One Shot One Kill

outdoor

This was my first year deer hunting. I knew luck was on my side. Will, about an hour before closing hours. I kicked up a deer. So I got ready. My 20 gauge shoots low, so I shot a little bit high. Dead on shot. I shot my first deer, but I felt sad inside. After a while I got over it. I felt pround inside at I tasted the deer jerky. All my family members shot their first deer when they were about 20. I shot mine the first day out!

Congrats on the deer! We need to see some pictures! But why did you feel sad 20_gauge? I would've been exstatic!

-sureshot1

The gun 20 gage used is at least twice if not 3 times older then he is! And it's a single shot too. Ty, if you and grandpa took pictures of it I'll help you post them on this site.

Congrats 20 gauge. It's alright to feel a little sad taking your 1st deer. But as long as you took it ethicly, and you respect the deer there is nothing to feel sad about. Again, congradulations and many more to ya.

You'll always remember that 1st deer.There will be many more.Please post us a photo.

waytogo.gif

Hey 20 guage - congrats. But don't feel bad about being a little sad - if ya did'nt feel that way, then I'd be worried. I think all of us as hunters feel a mixed bag of emotions each time we harvest an animal. I know I do and I've been hunting for 30+ years. I guess if we did'nt care so much about the very animals that we are hunting - it would be alot easier.

Congrats again on your harvest and welcome to brotherhood! oh yeah and sisterhood - saw a post from Kat after I wrote this one so I had to come back and make it right!

Congrats on your first deer! I felt a little sad the first time I shot a deer too. I didn't start hunting until I was 35 and I realized that there were just too many deer around here. Any deer shot for food is worth shooting!

Congratualtions on your first deer !

I always feel a little sad for any of the animals I harvest.

But I do enjoy that meat ! Got my sausage back from the locker already.

congrats man! I always liked the idea of starting out with a single shot, it teaches a person to make the 1st shot count, sounds like you did!
waytogo.gif

It's alright to have mixed feelings. In the end you've done a service for the herd and provided meat for the table. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom