Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

oneita bows

moosehunter

PMA Member
just wondering what kind of opions there are on Oneita bows or any other bows out there that are good. I know Matthews seem to be some of the best there is right now but I'm keeping all my options open. I found a used Oneita that is pretty reasonable.
grin.gif

I owned an oneida bow. They aren't easy to adjust. I have shot a Darton CPS cam for 3 years now and would highly recommend. Look on E-bay for a Maverick either CPS or XT cam.

Have been shooting an Onieda Strike Eagle for about 12 years now....has been a great bow, taken close to 15 critters with it, sheep, antelope, mulies, and whitetail....it's a little heavier compared to the newer compact units. My next bow will be a Matthews.

I don't want to come in to this reply sounding like a commercial but you ought to at least look at the new hoyt line up. The new cam and a half is very smooth and very fast. I recently got rid of my mathews after I had shot one of these in early november. Absolutly amazing speed at such low draw weights. Just something to consider in you bow shopping. There are a lot of good bows out there, it is just finding the one that suits you and one you can consistantly shoot accuratly in hunting situations.

There's a saying they have for golf,DRIVE FOR SHOW/PUTT FOR DOUGH.
In bow hunting you have to have the perfect bow that gives you the confidence every time you go out in the field.It has to feel right.
It's amazing how differently they all feel in your hand.If you are lucky enough to have an archery shop that will let you shoot, then it's well worth your time to try different brands.I purchased a Hoyt MT SPORT,fits me perfect.Shot a mathews, didn't feel good,price wasn't right either.Don't be sold short though on some bow that is a bargain,sometimes you do have to give a little extra to get the right feel.Shoot till you find one you like,put it on the wall for a while,shoot some other ones, go back to the one you put on the wall and see if it still feels like the one.

GOOD LUCK, there's alot of awesome bows out there to be had.

I have owned an Oneida for many years and love it. It is a bit heavier, but an excellent shooting bow. The early versions, which mine is, only had 35% let-off which makes them very forgiving when shooting fingers. I've now joined the "short axle bow" crowd too, but wouldn't hesitate to take the old Oneida out again.

NWBuck

My first experience with Oneida was a Tomcat which I absolutely loved except for the fact that it was so darn long. The second Oneida I bought was the AeroForce which also was a nice shooting bow. The biggest problem I had with the Oneidas was that I like to sit on the ground to hunt sometimes and on a couple of occasions I'd draw back and then forget to keep the bow up high enough to avoid the bottom limb contacting the ground....should see the turkey/deer look when a bow comes flipping towards them! I shoot a short bow now (Buckmaster G2) and wouldn't consider going back, but everyone needs to shoot what's best for them.

Top Bottom