Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oops - Girlfriends Gobbler

longspurs

For the past three years I have been taking my girlfriend Sarah (pictured) turkey hunting. Last weekend, on April 20, I called in the tom that she displaying in the photo while hunting in Winneshiek County. We spotted the tom late in the morning and got him to put on a pretty good show for us. It was about 10:30 a.m. and he must have already bred his hens because he was all alone and came in fast. He tipped the scales at 22 1/2 pounds and sported a 10-inch beard and 7/8-inch spurs. This was her first mature bird so we were both pretty excited!!! Her first year out she was able to harvest a jake but she set her sights a little higher this year and said she would only shoot a "big one." With a little luck, she was able to do just that. She had never even picked up a gun until three years ago and for all those guys out there who never in 100 years would have thought their woman might be interested in the outdoors, introduce them to it — you might just be surprised!!!!

Good luck turkey hunting to everyone!! I'll be giving it a go this weekend (3rd season).

Ben

Oops we were trying to fix the post with this subject and accidently deleted it
frown.gif

So sorry, please post again.

Thanks!

Top Bottom