Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oops!

JNRBRONC

From the April 11, 2009 Cedar Rapids Gazette:

South Carolina law officials charged in hunting scheme

West Union- A South Carolina state trooper and a former sheriff's deputy in Saluda County, South Carolina, have been charged in Fayette County with a Class D felony, theft by deception.
The trooper, Phillip Morris, 33, and the ex-deputy, Kester Holmes, 32, both of Saluda, S.C., are accused of falsely claiming to be Iowa residents and then purchasing resident hunting licenses from Nov. 2, 2006 through April 17, 2008.
Documents filed Wednesday in Fayette County District Court assert that Iowa Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Dave Elledge will testify that the men falsely claimed to reside at 218 Spring St., Clermont, and procured Iowa driver's licenses reflecting that false residence.
Elledge investigated the case along with Sgt. Wiley Knight of the South Carolina Special Investigation Unit.
Morris has been employed as a South Carolina Highway Patrol trooper since July 2000, according to court records.
The men's arraignment has been set for 9 a.m. April 29 in West Union.

hoofline.gif

Do we still Tar & Feather individuals in Iowa?
icon8.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. Do y'all think it'll be a slap on the wrists?

iowaPete

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. Do y'all think it'll be a slap on the wrists?

As far as it has gotten, with the special investigation and all, I'm betting they are found guilty. I'm thinking career ending OOPS for these guys, not sure the one can be a trooper with a felony, but I might be surprised.

Top Bottom