Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening day

WillBates

It looks like its going to be cold and really windy. I hope my ground blind will stay up! I pray the weather changes.

I'm not even going opening day now, going to sit it out until Tuesday morning. I'll usually brave anything but snow, hail, bitter cold, and 30 mph winds are going to keep me inside I'm afraid.

Can't kill them from the couch. Cold weather and wind isn't going to make them go into the house and hibernate. I'll be out in the morning, set up close to a roost and in a field were they'll be if it's windy. Good luck to all that brave it out, regardless of weather first season is just to fun to pass up!

2-4 inches of snow, 20 mph winds, and a wind chill of 15 degrees. But I roosted about 30 birds so if all goes right my father-in-law will have his first turkey in the dirt early so we can get the heck out of the woods.

I only have 4 days, so gona hunt every minute of 1st season possible!! Like the guy above said u can't kill/find/pick or catch um on the couch!! Good luck to all u long bearders

I'm hunting tonight since I'm 99.9% sure the track meet will be cancelled or postponed with over an 1" of snow on the ground and 40MPH winds. Makes yesterday look like a piece of cake.

You guys are crazy but that's awesome getting out there in this crap. I only had 2 days of vay kay left so I just opted for the better forecasted days. Tomorrow looks like its going to be the day to go. Calm and sunny and crisp. Should be a beautiful morning in the timber. Good luck to the guys braving this weather!

Spent all morning in the blind, and didn't see or hear a turkey!! Same area where my son and I were seeing them in large groups a couple of days ago during youth season. They're there…just not active with a fresh 2" of slushy snow and 20+ mph winds.

Great part about the archery only tag is there's lots of time left :D

NWBuck

Spent all morning in the blind, and didn't see or hear a turkey!! Same area where my son and I were seeing them in large groups a couple of days ago during youth season. They're there…just not active with a fresh 2" of slushy snow and 20+ mph winds.

Great part about the archery only tag is there's lots of time left :D

NWBuck

That's how my morning went...

Had a nice tom come in gobbling like crazy first thing this morning. He held up at 40yds to the left of my blind and would not come closer and eventually left. Thinking he didn't like my strutting decoy. Got some good video of him gobbling though. Had a few other birds gobbling on and off through out the morning but not a peep since about 10.

Top Bottom