Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening Morning Success

K

Kat

I grunted this buck in two weeks ago during bow season, but he never presented a shot. He came into the field 75 yards away from me and headed in the wrong direction. I grunted him in to a comfortable 30 yards.

Now to get back out there and fill my antlerless tag!

400buck2003.JPG

Congrats, very nice buck. Love the way those mainbeams almost touch each other.
waytogo.gif

Nice kill! I'm looking at the blood over your left shoulder, is that where he fell? I can't seem to tip them over in such convienient places.
beerchug.gif

Hunt on All4s

congrats on an awesome buck... my wife is kickin' my butt this year with the gun and bow... nice picture too.
beerchug.gif

Thanks, guys! All4s, the blood above my left shoulder was where he was standing when I shot him. He dropped and crawled only a few feet. I was sitting under the pines above my head. I kinda wish he would have ran a little ways...bloodtrails in the snow are a beautiful thing...

Spoken like a true huntress Kat. Bloodtrails in the snow are are a beautiful thing! Give me a splash or just a few drops.
waytogo.gif

Hunt on All4s

Talk about perfect timing…I filled my antlerless tag about half an hour before it started snowing. This doe came into the field and gave me a 40 yard broadside shot. I hunt alone and my hubby always drives out to help me (I can’t drag a deer by myself) and luckily he hadn’t left for work yet.

Remember in the movie A Christmas Story (you know, about the kid who only wanted a Red Ryder BB gun…) when Ralphie’s mom dressed his little brother in so many layers and coveralls that he could hardly move…â€Mom, I can’t put my arms down!†And Ralphie said “He looked like a tick about to pop!†Well with a forcast for 20 – 30 mph winds and lots of snow, that was me this morning…hehe

I’ve never had two deer hanging in my garage before.
yay.gif
The work has yet to begin as I butcher my own. Tenderloin kabobs for dinner tonight with some red wine to toast my fellow hunters.

Life is good.
beerchug.gif

400Doe_003s-med.JPG

"tick about to pop" Hahahhahahaha!!! love that part of a christmas story!!

congrats on the doe.

congrats on both deer!!! sounds like a great year so far!! come dec 22 there will be alot of us looking like ticks about to pop!!
smile.gif

Way to go Kat, sweet buck.
waytogo.gif
I am glad I've only got the wraping of the burger left to do, about 40lbs of it.

Top Bottom