Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opinions on 4 - wheelers

simplesimon

Hey guys! I am in the market for a ATV and just wanted to get some opinions on which make and model some of you prefer or have had good experiences with. Leaning toward the Honda Rubicon but not 100% sure yet. Thanks.

Kawasaki, best runners i have ever used. works at high altitude without re-jetting. if your using for hunting you may want to get a new muffler system as they are quite loud.

I have a 660 Grizzly from Yamaha...a little overkill with speed but will climb thru anything I want it to. For an all around ATV that will go with the best of them, tough as nails, and well built, I would say your choice with the rubicon would be top notch
waytogo.gif

why? you'll just wreck it and tear it up! it all depends on what all your going to do with it. here's my 2 cents, if your going to use it to do work get an arctic cat. if you are going to use it for hunting get an arctic cat. if you are going to use it for joy riding get an arctic cat. no, i am not saying they are the best but i put a 4-wheeler through more in one year then what most will put one through in a lifetime, i have an arctic cat 300 4x4 and it has lasted me longer then any 4 wheeler i have had. only one that somewhat compares to it has been the kawasaki prarie. oh one more thing i will sell you my play toy, i got a banshee last clocked at 112 miles an hour 3 days ago, your wife would love it.
waytogo.gif

I have a 650 V Twin Artic Cat 2004 along with mud tires, It goes through anything, Tires are the biggest factor as for performance on any bike, My brother has a 660 grizzley and his would probable outdo mine but hes running stocks...The Cat has been through some belts and they might have a recall on the back brake clyinder as mine never worked or others that owned them. One good thing about artic cat, it has alot to offer for extras, love the new rack...

Geez Split G3 what do you got in that thing, 112 mph thats about 27 mph more than a souped up banshee
blush.gif
rocket boosters? aside from the kidding, i had a kawasaki bayou, and put that thing through hell and back, and its still kicking
smile.gif
I've heard only good things about honda rubicons, and artic cats are pretty good too. grizzlys are great also, its basically up to you bud, whatever suits you and accomodates you the best
smile.gif

hey liv i too had a bayou 220, the first 4 wheeler i ever bought, that was also a 4 wheeler that took a licking and kept on kicking. as far as the banshee goes it's got a ton of aftermarket parts on it, pretty much everything but the chasis. when i bought it, it was already souped up pretty good, the previous owner really knew what he was doing, and already had it running in the vicinity of 95-100 mph. anyways i put a little of my touch and a little of his touch together and man, what a machine. a buddy of mine put it up for sale for me on ebay because i don't know how to do any of that crap, the bid time is already up on it but i didn't get what i want out of it so it will probably be on there again soon. wanna buy it? come on i know you want it!
grin.gif

Thanks guys... I have not really looked at the arctic cat so I might check it out. The only reason I would not go with it is because SplitG3 has one.
grin.gif
I think a buddy of mine has a Grizzly 660 all camo with 17 miles on it and is asking $5000. I think I might jump on that deal if he is willing to get rid of it.

Polaris 700 Twin. Smooth running and powerful. Never had a lick of problem.

5K for the camo Griz? Whats his number?

I just traded my Griz for a Rhino. I miss the Griz alot, but the Rhino is much more practical. The Griz was a very stable and powerful ride.

The 'Bonker

I am an Artic Cat 400 owner and I agree with the other posts on Atric Cats. I have never had a lick of problems with mine and it has never been in the shop. I can go anywhere anyother of my friends can go. I have added a winch and I amlloking at other accesories. The only problem I have is that I can't get it in my new Dodge Ram and close that gate. It is about 5" too long. It is nice and roomy for this big hunter, carries all of my stands, and equipment, and has plenty of ground clearance.

After getting home from Central Iowa Archery open house, we stopped by our county fair for a bit. The first thing I done was went to view the new Artic Cat 4-wheelers adn I must say my 1999 Artic Cat may just be getting traded on a new one!

Top Bottom