Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

opinions on a public please

So the conservation board decided to clear swaths through and all around edge last couple days. Took out what few rubs I've seen. Is that gonna trash things for a while? Only place I have , been asking around for private 2 years and no luck. In the middle of early muzzy atm. Thanks gang

So the conservation board decided to clear swaths through and all around edge last couple days. Took out what few rubs I've seen. Is that gonna trash things for a while? Only place I have , been asking around for private 2 years and no luck. In the middle of early muzzy atm. Thanks gang

You live in polk county guy, plenty of solid public that doesn't get hit that hard. Not to mention your not far from warren county, which also has great public if you do a little homework. :way:

When I went to Simpson had couple guys on the football team with me stick 150+ near the public near banner pits.

I would think The heavy equipment might have em skittish for a couple days, but The deer are probably already using the rows they cleared as soon as it got dark.. I bet you could go there and find fresh track all over em.. we have cleared 4 wheeler paths through the timber several times and almost always had deer tracks on em by the next morning..

thanks for the replies , i'll just see how things go. im in warren btw and this is warren public, seen zero deer in 2 days but that could be this weather as well , only deer im seeing are in the dark on the way there and back. just kinda wished they would have done this before season. saw some with bow in fact i missed one and got a bad hit on another during that cold snap. i wanted to scout badger a bit before season but never got out there and only been to banner once. just my second year hunting , i'll get it figured out eventually :drink1:

They do this in Woodbury county too. No effect on the deer at all. Also makes it easier & quieter to sneak into your stand.

Top Bottom