Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Our deer herd

Handcannon

Got the September issue of Iowa Game & Fish. There is an outstanding article about our deer herd in there. Worth a read.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Here's what I highly recommend doing.... I think it hits the shelf in maybe a few days? This is worth the purchase!!!! It's a very well done article, top notch and is laser beam focused on the issues every guy on here cares about- it's a impactful article on deer #'s, what needs to be, WHAT YOU CAN SPECIFICALLY DO, latest legislative stuff going on, etc. This is worth the purchase, stop & get it. And I have no association with the mag, I read the article, too long to summarize & worth every second of your time, thought & a few bucks to get the mag. CHECK IT OUT!

Well put, Thanks. I started to give details in a reply last night but it was taking me way too long. Reading the article is far better than me telling you how I interpret it.

Did you all get a chance to read this yet?!?!?!? I want to rename this post "WAKE UP MONKEYS- THIS AFFECTS YOU, READ THIS ARTICLE!!!!" to get folks attention to such a critical issue. Iowa Fish & Game is now on the shelf. I'll get magazines now & again BUT seriously, this is one that you wanna just remember next time you hit the supermarket, drug store, etc, etc. The magazine is all over. My point is, this article is the critical debate ALL of us are having at some level, whether it's on here, in the field or in deer camp. Our deer #'s, politics, different pockets on high/low #'s in Iowa, the TRUTH OF WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING, who is on "our side" & vice versa etc is all outlined, made light of and well written in this article. Even to folks who think they understand the issues, great education and I realized many new things about what's really going on in our state. We lose with our heads in the sand for sure and we also for sure EACH make an impact. Get this issue- please share your experiences here. I am writing this BECAUSE I found the article to be so important, well timed, insightful, well written and I am encouraging others to read it and post your thoughts. BOTTOM LINE- THIS ARTICLE IMPACTS..... YOU!!!! Get it, read it, give some feedback and support the efforts you feel are best for Iowa & our resources, etc. ON THE SHELF & CHECK IT OUT.

*Author, slipping my mind, I would guess based on remembering reading it.... William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Ernest Hemingway, Winston Churchill?!?!? I don't know but it was right up there with a lot of those writings!!! :)

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
So how is reading this article going to change the future of our deer herd? Yes it may open some eyes but I don't think I need to read it to understand what's going on.

I think a better plan would be to buy it and hand it to the biggest brown and down guy or group I know. Or the people that I talk to and they say oh your a deer hunter kill them all I hit one with my car.

I have not read it so I maybe way off. I don't think I need a magazine article to know that things need to change.

-}}}---------->

I actually don't disagree with some of those thoughts.... I really am thinking & hoping that it reaches the "masses". In honesty, I would much more prefer it reaches the "masses" & "if it's brown it's down" crowd than folks on here. BUT- there's still some folks on here who are newer to hunting, maybe don't have a big understanding of biology, politics, how game laws are derived, etc. Yet, for folks I consider VETERANS in this category, there's still a whole lot of gold nuggets in this article I bet you didn't know.

Bottom line, I hope this does get to all the masses, I sure hope this starts an awareness to thousands of "every day guys" and hunters that do need this awareness and are hungry for more information & understanding. Hope folks on here buy the magazine or borrow it and it starts a very critically needed discussion around the state.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I forked over my $4.35 this morning just for this article. Very well written and informative article by Thomas. Good Job! :way: The article definitely needs to get into the hands of the masses. Especially the if its brown its down mentality of hunter. Most of us on IW know the situation, but I'm definitely going to pass the mag along to some friends that don't think the way most of us do. Again great job Thomas!

I know Thomas from way back in college. I tell you what, that guy could scarf down a bratwurst quicker than any dude in our phrat. He was the 'weiner king' lol, way back before he became famous. Doubt he even has time to talk to his old friends nowadays. :(

I hate reading, but I seen the mag and the article and read the entire thing. Great job for a Packer Fan. I think the DNR should add this to the 2013 regulations.

Many hunters believe in the DNR and not many understand how they'be been trumped by the "stash" the last couple years. They feel if there's a tag avail a doe needs shot.

Great article... Buy it for your friends who aren't on this site and in the know.

I know Thomas from way back in college. I tell you what, that guy could scarf down a bratwurst quicker than any dude in our phrat. He was the 'weiner king' lol, way back before he became famous. Doubt he even has time to talk to his old friends nowadays. :(

[Insert miscellaneous cuss words...]
:moon:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I can assure you this deepened my enemy list a little bit :grin: I have received a few emails and phone calls that have been entertaining to say the least... But, that's apart of this game. :way:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom