Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Out of state with 2 preference points?

Enjoythehunt

Just looking to make a few connections with other out of state hunters looking to possibly scout Iowa and apply as a group to bow hunt in the next few years? Maybe talk over which zones and what areas.
I am in Pennsylvania. I will have 3 preference points for 2023 after I buy this year's

I can't help you out, but good luck to you! Don't hesitate to knock on a few doors and tell them your situation. Since it won't be a an every year thing, you might get permission?

Dude. You’ll find little help here unfortunately. Being honest. I would focus on the two lower southern tiers of counties. Visit and knock on doors. Most resident farmers don’t care about resident vs non resident, or trophy hunting, they want deer killed. Put time in you’ll find a place.

Maybe look at Trophy Buck of Iowa (TBI) on Facebook. They seem to be a little more open.

Last edited:
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Op,
While no one wants you killing “their” buck the people of Iowa have always amazed me at their generosity when it comes to allowing someone to hunt.

I would be surprised if you went out there in the summer and knocked on doors for a few days if you didn’t find somewhere to hunt. I wouldn’t wait until the last minute or start knocking in November though.

This might rub a few wrong but… if you want to go for it without 4-5 points…. Check out the zone around Boone, Webster city, etc. The Des Moines river. Those giant blocks of timber & vastness there is awesome. It’s not talked about much & it’s premium habitat & break up. Every year there’s big bucks for those who hunt hard & smart. This river system is a HUGE area!!!!
C754A846-A39B-49B4-899B-06F478197B3A.jpeg

This might rub a few wrong but… if you want to go for it without 4-5 points…. Check out the zone around Boone, Webster city, etc. The Des Moines river. Those giant blocks of timber & vastness there is awesome. It’s not talked about much & it’s premium habitat & break up. Every year there’s big bucks for those who hunt hard & smart. This river system is a HUGE area!!!!
View attachment 123190

Thanks for giving away my hunting area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, I appreciate the input, however I was not looking for some to advise where to hunt, but was trying to see if any other out of state hunters wanted to get a small group together and possibly meet up to scout and then hunt as a group.

Top Bottom