Over Marketed World

It would mean more if they really believed in the products they promote.....but when the change every year or two it just = whos writing the biggest check not that they believe that product is the best......sell outs not some one I would take advice from.

man i really enjoy catching the hawk games in between hunts on saturdays... at least until they let their season go down the tubes.

but I think there is absolutely very little purity left in the show, video & magazine space...most are canned (not be confused with high-fence) hunts that involves the host showing up and blasting or flinging arrows and bragging how these four or five products helped "close the distance and close the deal". Ka-Thwackkk, BBD...baby!

Not all the shows! :grin: I can think of at least one.:rolleyes:

I hate the adds just as much as the next guy, but the last crush show I watched the adds were a relief after watching the fist pumps and hearing "YES" over 27 times in 5minutes. and yes I actually counted.:D

Not all the shows! :grin: I can think of at least one.:rolleyes:

Really?
whaat.gif

I don't mind any of it as long as it is bringing in the Benjamin's for me! If its not I cant stand it! Hows that for hypocrisy. :)

This really is an interesting topic for me. I have buddies that are into the video industry, friends who are in real estate, hunting products, etc. Some are very tasteful and others are simply annoying- of course the folks I'm friends with I would consider tasteful and level headed- there's sure those on the other side of that too. I don't get too annoyed anymore BECAUSE I simply have unloaded everything that's a waste of time or a giant commercial. I just don't have time to get caught up in all the hype, celebrity-itis OR vastly over-priced products which don't offer a real value. There's just such a diverse mix of: HIGH-VALUE, tasteful, effective aspects of the industry VS the sell-out, price gouging, cheesy, phony-bologna waste of time side. I simply vote with my dollars and skip past everything that fits into that 2nd example & happily support things that fit in the 1st.

I guess for me I lurk around forums and when another hunter puts up a post saying this product works great I tend to believe them. When I see it on TV, it is harder to swallow.

If Limbchicken quit posting around here I would save a lot of money. :) He can't sell me on Graywolf woolens though hahaha

I'll be honest, for a variety of reasons, I haven't bought a video in over 7-8 years. Mainly because I'm so busy. BUT- I think the LAST one I bought, I think I counted like over 80 product pushes (just did this for fun one night)- whether it was talking about it, zooming in on a logo, showing a logo on clothes/hat, mentioning a product name, plugs, product tips, etc. I know MANY of the video's do NOT do this BUT this one did- I just asked myself, why am I paying $12 (or whatever) for a big commercial?
*There are absolutely some good ones out there, I am not making a blanket statement.

Back