Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Over/Under shotgun question

CamoMan

I was wondering if any of you own or have shot a Fausti over/under shotgun. I will be in the market for an over/under soon, and I noticed this gun at Wal-Mart for $498. It was a nice looking gun, and I liked how it felt, so, I did a little online searching, and found just a couple of user reviews of their guns. From what I saw, it appears to be a well-priced, mid-range gun. I know that many of you would recommend a variety of other guns, but price is an issue, and I will likely only be shooting about 4-5 boxes of shells through it per year. If you have used one of these guns, or are knowledgeable about them, please give me your thoughts. Thanks !

Don't know too much about that one, but maybe you want to look at a Verona. I was in the market for one last fall and checked on them. They are a heck of a nice gun for the money. I read some reviews back then on them and they were good too. A gun dealer I trust say's he likes them also. I don't think you can buy them for 500.00 but maybe worth checking it out.

Thanks, Moose. So how does that gun look? And does it have the invector choke tubes ? And, if you know of any sites that feature the Verona, let me know. Also, I wouldn't mind talking to your gun dealer about them. I want to make sure it is a serviceable gun if/when repairs are needed.

I think that are based in Nevada or something. Here is a link to thier webisite. http://www.pmcammo.com/verona-shotguns.php

You might want to check out local pawn shops and used gun stores, I've seen some nice red labels for around 500, you never know what you can find. When buying a wing gun fit is more important than anything. Fit will make the difference between being an OK shooter and being a very good shooter. The shotgun has to come to the same spot every time when you mount it. To do this the gun must fit you right. I would look for fit more than price or namebrand.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into this gun, and do some checking around. I'm kinda excited about getting this gun. Haven't had an over/under for about 15 years or so.

camoman, i have been trying to pick an o/u for a couple years. i have a company for you to ceck out, but i can't find the website rigt now, i'll get it to you ASAP

Camoman: I have shot an O/U for several years and I have not heard of the Fausti. There are alot of off brands out there. I bought an American Arms O/U for about $500 at a gun show and it came with choke tubes. Stoeger also makes a decent gun for a reasonable price. Thet don't have all of the fancy wood but I have hunted with a Stoeger O/U for several years and have enjoyed it. Good guns for reasonable prices, either the American Arms or the Stoeger.
pineapple.gif

fausti is an import. traditions is the company bringing them in from italy (i believe)
quality is along the same lines as stoeger, and american arms. as far as workmanship, i would probably choose the fausti over stoeger. but as far as reliability, i would imagine they are very similar

camoman. the one i looked over was at cabelas. but i can pm you the name of a dealer that knows more about them than i do if you want me to.

Top Bottom