Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics????

Pretty funny you have to defend yourself all to hell if a gimmick does'nt work!! If it does.....Well your a hell'uva guy!!!!!!!! :way: :D:D :thrwrck:

We all know that there is no such thing as a foolproof product and there is no substitute for hard work and just plain whitetail savvy.

Just like weight loss....the only real way to do it is eat right and exercise. Nothing else will work as well as that, last and long, without any side effects. :D

It just keeps going on!! :D Year after year!:D Ya wanna know what kills big bucks!!! Ask the few on here that do it often!! The ones that make no money off it!! They just seem to do it!! Funny thing is really! I'm guessing if they tell you, it's pretty simple ..and it won't cost $400.00 !!! :way:

River1 said:
I'm patiently waiting for timekiller's Ozonics review.....I know he bit!

Yeah, shovelbuck and I got a discount since we ordered together.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I hunt everyday. Up until this late season, everyday was with a cameraman for the past 6 years. Before Ozonic's, we would get blown out of probably 1/3 of our hunts. It's just the nature of the beast when you hunt in the areas I hunt. Most of the properties I hunt I have to compete with other hunters, which is a BIG factor in why I pass more than I shoot. I wish I had a huge section of private ground all to myself, but I'm not wealthy.

I've reduced the number of times we get snorted at to 1 or 2 hunts per season. Take it for what you will. This is just coming from a guy with no track record in Iowa who hasn't killed a buck in 2 years. I guess I should just lower my standards so I can meet yall's requirements by killing more. And I thought this was a different kind of website????

I'm also a sponsor of this forum with WKP and Wicked Tree Gear in-case you think I'm just trying to get something for nothing. I've been donating products to Iowawhitetail for prize give-a-ways and youth contests for years now. How many of you can say the same thing?

In-regard to the guy who came up to me at the Iowa show, I'm sorry I don't remember him. I talk to thousands of people in a couple month span. Where is he now? He's probably afraid to speak up because of the treatment he can expect to get agreeing with a scumbag such as myself.

If you want to see how deer react to Ozonic's watch this video. If you think I'm lying, then I guess I must be a good leader to get all these guys to lie for me!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvd-JmtklMo&feature=em-share_video_user

Last edited:
And I thought this was a different kind of website????

I'm also a sponsor of this forum with WKP and Wicked Tree Gear in-case you think I'm just trying to get something for nothing. I've been donating products to Iowawhitetail for prize give-a-ways and youth contests for years now. How many of you can say the same thing?

He's probably afraid to speak up because of the treatment he can expect to get agreeing with a scumbag such as myself.

This is a different kind of website. And yes, I'll agree, some folks are more cordial than others. whatever the topic is up for debate, probably some opinions folks won't like or strong passions & responses on either end. 95% of the guys on here are pretty hard core about mature bucks, hunting, habitat or whatever.

I think you promoting your stuff here is great. I think it's great folks can see someone "like us" promoting gear and designing gear "for us" & we can see a local success story. I personally hope you do very well with your business, I hope you have "cutting edge" products that provide something we all want & need and you make a lot of money. If you have great things to offer, folks on here will buy them in droves as you already know and 95% of guys will appreciate it. Good luck with your business and good for you with your success at it.

The guy not speaking up because he'd agree with a "scumbag".... I sure never said you're a scum bag. Maybe you think a few people did say that, out of what, 15k, 30k, 40k members or whatever it is??? I think we've all had days when a few people said some rude things or didn't like us and we all moved on, not a big deal.

I think most of what I saw is folks who disagreed with product or felt it didn't work, whatever. You have to give folks a LITTLE credit in that you reacted the same way to the Ozonics product when it came out. (I didn't even do that, I just gave an experience vs you ripped it a new A-hole in your past experience & posts before changing your mind which is fine of course). So- you at least have to empathize for the guys who simply have the same point of view YOU USED TO HAVE and coming across the same way YOU used to come off. The ONLY difference is, they haven't changed their mind yet while you have.

I enjoy your contributions. Just because I or anyone else doesn't agree with you on ONE thing, doesn't mean we don't agree on most others. You gonna agree with everything any candidate you vote for believes in this Nov? of course not. Good luck with business, all the products & success. I really am respectfully disagreeing on ONE product based on my experience BUT I sure don't disagree with all sorts of other things. I hope you continue the success and whatever folks choose to buy & believe, I'm sure it'll all work itself out by the consumer.

Thanks brother! Good luck this fall yourself! If you don't mind me asking, what's the link to Truscent all-about? You wouldn't be bias would you?

Thanks brother! Good luck this fall yourself! If you don't mind me asking, what's the link to Truscent all-about? You wouldn't be bias would you?

I figured you'd mention that.....
No problem.....
It's really something i do for FUN.... I haven't marketed it at all other than a little thing on here. Haven't run with it and probably never will. Honestly, it's as simple as getting natural cover scent like cedars to help you smell more natural and put a potent amount of that cover scent all over your clothes, etc. I really don't intend to do anything business-wise with it, I don't have time, I sure like land, farming & my regular job a whole lot more and the land, job, etc is where I rely on 99.999% of my income. It truly is more for fun & just having a TINY, Little product that I thought would simply be fun. Have I made squat or intend to make squat? No. And that's 100% honest. :)

I do like using natural cover scents and i do think they help. I like using MANY OTHER PRODUCTS TOO THOUGH that reduce scent (like sprays, gum, etc). I like using them all together and I've tried using 1 or 2 at a time to see if each one helps. I PERSONALLY don't think ANYTHING is 100%. I do think things help and I sure think certain things HURT (like gasoline, bad breath, B.O., etc).

With my Ozonics review, I used that product alone. I simply did all STANDARD things to reduce scent and not add any other scent like gas, bad breath, eating bad stuff, sweating like crazy. I really did want to do a unique test with that product. As all my friends would confirm, I PURCHASED THE PRODUCT HOPING IT WOULD WORK. I didn't spend $500+ to try and make someone look like a tard or bash something. I use 5-10 other products that I think help & was hoping this product would also help. It didn't FOR ME, I returned for full refund & that part went very smooth. Fair enough I hope.

So you think cover scents will beat a mature whitetails nose? I also wanted to ask your opinion of the video I posted. We show deer clearly downwind of our locations. You see the deer react, and walk off. How do you explain this? What are we doing if Ozonic's doesn't work?

I'm not sure if I stink worse than most or what, but I have NEVER - EVER beat a whitetail that went downwind of me before Ozonic's. I have been winded hundreds of times over the years. Now when using Ozonic's, we beat 98% or more of the animals (no snorting). Not saying they don't react in some way, but they very very rarely will ever snort. If Ozonic's doesn't work, then tell me how we produce video after video, encounter after encounter with deer down-wind, sniffing the air, and with milk weeds floating in the air to the deer? Tell me how we do it????

Last edited:
So you think cover scents will beat a mature whitetails nose? I also wanted to ask your opinion of the video I posted. We show deer clearly downwind of our locations. You see the deer react, and walk off. How do you explain this? What are we doing if Ozonic's doesn't work?

I'm not sure if I stink worse than most or what, but I have NEVER - EVER beat a whitetail that went downwind of me before Ozonic's. I have been winded hundreds of times over the years. Now when using Ozonic's, we beat 98% or more of the animals (no snorting). Not saying they don't react in some way, but they very very rarely will ever snort. If Ozonic's doesn't work, then tell me how we produce video after video, encounter after encounter with deer down-wind, sniffing the air, and with milk weeds floating in the air to the deer? Tell me how we do it????

I don't think anything is 100%.
I have VIDEO of mature deer being downwind of me when I was running late, pooring sweat, never showered & smelled horrible. how's that possible? Come on, we all can admit, we've been running late, smelled like crap, sweat our butts off and had all sorts of different deer downwind that didn't nail us. It's happened since I was 14 & knew nothing about scent control.

*and how many different video companies have we seen hunts with ANY given product..... "hey, see that deer down wind right there, didn't bust us- SEE, XYZ scent stuff did the trick again"!!! how many products can we name that fit into that????? Scent lok, dead down wind (was touted by Jay gregory on video as "doing its job & worked awesome" until he switched sponsors), Scent away, wafers, autumn/soil cover scent, acorn stuff, etc, etc, etc, etc.

What I could (or couldn't) explain was having around 20-30 deer downwind of me while using Ozonics CORRECTLY and having the deer blow & run outta there like a stampede. Am I 100% saying it was Ozonics fault OR it 100% sure didn't work? No, I am not making some absolute claim or claiming I'm some mad scientist. I'm saying I had enough experience to make a sound judgement for myself - my experience gave me the exact knowledge I needed to make my OWN decision. I simply wanted to share MY EXPERIENCE with others. Maybe others have different outcomes & experiences, GREAT- share away. Folks want to hear that feedback. I shared MY EXPERIENCE, you don't like what I had to say, that's fine. OK, great, no hard feelings. What would you say if someone did demonstrate the unit in the tree, showed all the details of how it's set up and showed it running, etc - then, deer get downwind and bolt outta there like crazy and blow - would that bare any influence into your opinion? If it works for you, knock yourself out, I'm really not trying to stop anyone from buying this, just sharing my experience and that's generally how most products have to deal with market realities, reccomendations, referrals, good or bad experiences. Why so many folks get on "cabelas" and read 20 different reviews about 1 given product before pulling the trigger. And 1 bad review, if there's 20 positive, isn't going to hurt any XYZ product if in fact far more folks have success than failures with their experiences.

Last edited:

You also said you show yourself getting winded in your videos while using Ozonics. So it doesn't work flawlessly like you say, also don't forget to mention you use 3 units ($1200 worth) on your hunts. How many times are you going to use the one time on film and those dang milkweeds as you proof??? geesh One time I had a shooter buck walk right to me down wind while I was talking on my phone, explain that to me.

I've reduced the number of times we get snorted at to 1 or 2 hunts per season. Take it for what you will. This is just coming from a guy with no track record in Iowa who hasn't killed a buck in 2 years. I guess I should just lower my standards so I can meet yall's requirements by killing more. And I thought this was a different kind of website????

I have to echo Skips sentiments. No one was calling you a scumbag Todd. I've met you a few times different places and I've always thought you made some great products and videos. It's nice to see you having success with your brands and I think most guys on here are rooting for you.

This is absolutely a different kind of site, and there is no "standard" to live up to. My point was, how can a salesman push a product that they have never really had success with? Or maybe I should ask, how are you defining success? Sure you are beating and videoing does and small bucks, but is it helping you kill? After all that is the reason we all hunt and that is the reason you are making videos. Pretty hard to fill a 2 hour vidoe with just encounters isn't it? And don't use the I'm not rich and I hunt pressured areas excuse, because I've got news for you, so does almost everyone else on this site and in the U.S as a whole.

Listen, you are passionate guy, anyone that has read one post by you can figure that out. There is nothing wrong with that either. I just think you may rub a few people the wrong way with the "my way is the best and only way attitude" that you constantly push. I think humility is a key trait to running a company and being successfull. What I"m really trying to get across to you (and I know how stubborn you are) is that there are hundreds of hard core whitetail hunters across the midwest that have probably forgotten more about hunting and killing mature whitetails than you will ever know. So remember that you aren't the leading authority on killing big bucks and knowing how to "get on em". And show some tact and humility when you are pushing products. Don't just come on here and say "this is the best because Todd Prignitz says so". You will continue to get the kind of response that you have.

Keep up the hard work and continue making great products! And great luck this fall, I hope you stick a 2 hundy.

God Bless,

I guess I must be slow. I just don't see why these threads always turn into everybody vs Todd. I don't know Todd personally. I've watched his videos and web shows. I've probably talked to him for two minutes at the deer classic. I've never used Ozonics and most likely never will. I do believe Todd genuinely believes this product works. That is rare anymore in this industry. There are too many people that push stuff because it's free or because they cash a check from it. I don't believe that is the case here. Is it because he aggressively defends his belief in the product? He definitely seems like a passionate guy when it comes to his gear choices. As long as he truly believes in the product, I won't fault him for being passionate about it.

I didn't say Ozonic's is the best, I said it works. That makes it a first in the scent elimination industry of any of the products I've ever used.

How people can use an Ozonic's and say they don't work just doesn't make sense to me unless they weren't set up properly. I went to school in Engineering as well, and we never discussed wind currents or the whitetails sense of smell.

We show 4-1/2, 5-1/2, and even 6-1/2 year old bucks reacting to Ozonic's in our videos. Even if they did NOTHING to the male species - what they save us with Doe busts is worth it! Beyond that, they do work for all whitetails. The older a buck is, the more leary he is of the ozone. I had a 5-1/2 year old buck catch my scent stream this past late season. Lifted his nose, did a loop back, and passed back through my scent stream about 60 yards further down-wind, and continued on his way to the food plots. I hear people talk about having bucks / deer down-wind all the time and deer reacting like nothing. I've hunted 20 some years, and this has NEVER been my experience. Only when hunting farms that have had NO hunting pressure do does sometimes act like it's not too big of a deal. Bucks on the other hand, they are different. None of the farms we are on are un-pressured. I got hunters all-around me.

And as far as the 3 units, we have two guys in the tree. For most guys, 1 unit will work just fine. The first year we used Ozonic's we used the first generation units. They weighed 7 lbs., and produced I believe less than half of the ozone of the new units and had terrible adjustability. The new units solve this problem with the tree brackets and amount of ozone they produce. Far more controllable, which is why they are better and we get busted less than before. And thanks for pointing out that we still showed ourselves getting busted a couple times while using the old ones. That should tell you where the truth comes in with us!!!!

Last edited:
I think if ozonics truly works, you will start to see it more in the field every year. Until then it will be a tough sell. The hunting industry has been so commercialized in the last 10 years it is pathetic but hey a company has to get its name out there. You can't open a magazine or watch many videos without getting hit by a bunch of products.

I think that is what will make it tough for ozonics. It seems like a high dollar piece of equipment that is hard to believe it works. My mind is made up that I don't see how it could work in an open environment unless it is acting as more of a cover up smell than actually destroying odor. My mind has been changed before.

Until I see guys like my buddy Fred or others I trust using it and raving about it, I won't buy one. Even if a crazy guy like Muddy thought they were the cat's meow I would be more interested. Until then, it is just another product people are pushing on us. That sucks for Todd but it is what the industry has made it.

I do love your saw though Todd and can't wait for the pole saw!! I hated busting all those gerber handles every year!

I think if ozonics truly works, you will start to see it more in the field every year. Until then it will be a tough sell. The hunting industry has been so commercialized in the last 10 years it is pathetic but hey a company has to get its name out there. You can't open a magazine or watch many videos without getting hit by a bunch of products.

I think that is what will make it tough for ozonics. It seems like a high dollar piece of equipment that is hard to believe it works. My mind is made up that I don't see how it could work in an open environment unless it is acting as more of a cover up smell than actually destroying odor. My mind has been changed before.

Until I see guys like my buddy Fred or others I trust using it and raving about it, I won't buy one. Even if a crazy guy like Muddy thought they were the cat's meow I would be more interested. Until then, it is just another product people are pushing on us. That sucks for Todd but it is what the industry has made it.

I do love your saw though Todd and can't wait for the pole saw!! I hated busting all those gerber handles every year!

Fred will never buy one, he's too cheap:D Oh yeah, and he is great hunter. Kills more big ones off public land than anyone and doesn't cry about the hunting pressure either.

I didn't say Ozonic's is the best, I said it works. That makes it a first in the scent elimination industry of any of the products I've ever used.

How people can use an Ozonic's and say they don't work just doesn't make sense to me unless they weren't set up properly. I went to school in Engineering as well, and we never discussed wind currents or the whitetails sense of smell.

We show 4-1/2, 5-1/2, and even 6-1/2 year old bucks reacting to Ozonic's in our videos. Even if they did NOTHING to the male species - what they save us with Doe busts is worth it! Beyond that, they do work for all whitetails. The older a buck is, the more leary he is of the ozone. I had a 5-1/2 year old buck catch my scent stream this past late season. Lifted his nose, did a loop back, and passed back through my scent stream about 60 yards further down-wind, and continued on his way to the food plots. I hear people talk about having bucks / deer down-wind all the time and deer reacting like nothing. I've hunted 20 some years, and this has NEVER been my experience. Only when hunting farms that have had NO hunting pressure do does sometimes act like it's not too big of a deal. Bucks on the other hand, they are different. None of the farms we are on are un-pressured. I got hunters all-around me.

And as far as the 3 units, we have two guys in the tree. For most guys, 1 unit will work just fine. The first year we used Ozonic's we used the first generation units. They weighed 7 lbs., and produced I believe less than half of the ozone of the new units and had terrible adjustability. The new units solve this problem with the tree brackets and amount of ozone they produce. Far more controllable, which is why they are better and we get busted less than before. And thanks for pointing out that we still showed ourselves getting busted a couple times while using the old ones. That should tell you where the truth comes in with us!!!!

If I buy an ozonics will the deer still smell my farts? :confused:

Top Bottom