Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Paper tuning

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
I would be very interested in hearing everyones opinions on paper tuning. I will leave this one wide open.

Crab Rangoon anyone?

naughty.gif

trouble maker....

My opinion on paper tuning huh???

I will not hunt with a bow that will not shoot perfect bullet holes.....

I can't sleep at night if I know my bow is not paper tuned..

My muzzy mx3's hit right with my field points out to 40 yards and fly like darts because of this..

I like walk back tuning myself but am not against paper tuning. There are many factors that will cause a bad tear. Torqueing the bow is one of them. I've seen guys torque the bow and get not so perfect tears but shoot great long distance groups with field points and broadheads. To each his own as long as your confident.

Walk back tuning is the way to go I think. Paper tuning never got me broadhead accuracy, but walk back tuning helps me put field points and broadheads together.

no need to paper tune when your bow is set up properly. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ummmmm, how do we know the bow is properly tuned?

no other way to determine how the arrow is reacting to the bow.

i wont shoot a bow that is not properly paper tuned....

trouble maker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no need to paper tune when your bow is set up properly. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

If the bow is setup properly then it will shoot bullet holes through paper...

What does it hurt to check this???

I for one will not shoot a bow that is not paper tuned....

After it is paper tuned, then you can walk back tune it..

I bare shaft tune for traditional and paper tune for compound. Never tried the walk back method but it looks like it may have some merit. If I were to try it, I'd paper tune first, then try the walk back to see if there were any fine tune adjustments that were non-detectable through the paper. Good info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bare shaft tune for traditional and paper tune for compound. Never tried the walk back method but it looks like it may have some merit. If I were to try it, I'd paper tune first, then try the walk back to see if there were any fine tune adjustments that were non-detectable through the paper. Good info. </div></div>

That's what I do. Papertune for nock height and get close to bullet hole, then I walk back tune. Really get the arrow flying better for me than just paper tuning. Try it, I think you'll be surprised. Walk back tuned my bro's bow and it's slamming big muzzy's dead nuts now.

In my opinion, some of the greatest archers in the world will paper tune their bow, but then walk back tune; and often times, the walk-back tuning will place a tear ever-so-slightly to the upper left (I believe, don't quote me on that) so they are not quite shooting bullet holes. They will trust walk-back tuning far more than paper tuning...making sure from 20 yards to whatever distance all the arrows are perfectly in a straight line up and down.

I'm not sure the reason behind the slight tear...I'm guessing it might be torquing just a tad...

I just paper tuned my bow to where I liked it, but then did a walk back tuning and had to move my rest a tad...

I will say that just because one's in line, it doesn't make all the others perfect...

Just some thoughts!

Top Bottom