Party hunting for archery and muzzleloader season?

First of all, I have bowhunted since 1981, added muzzleloader in 1987 and shotgun in 1990 so I am not biased against the weapon used. However, having hunted with all 3 weapons for the past number of years and I am very much opposed to the concept of party hunting for archery and muzzleloader.

As noted above, if it were truly a party hunt, then it would not be a viable method for harvesting a deer with a bow (running animal) for virtually all archery hunters. That means it would be ripe for abuse - e.g. using other non-bowhunter friends & family tags to enable a single hunter to harvest more than the "legal" limit of bucks.

For muzzleloaders, the concept was to introduce another primitive weapons season for those who enjoy the one-on-one aspects of the hunt (as you noted above). Let's leave well enough alone - between the traditional December gun seasons and the January late seasons, there have been ample opportunities for party hunting with a gun.

Even though I hunt the shotgun season, I am very much opposed to deer drives. I know they are effective in terms of killing a lot of animals but I think they are very dangerous to the participants and also make it difficult for the hunters to harvest the "right" animals - lots of small bucks & buck fawns are taken that would not be if hunting from a tree stand or blind.

Put me down as No and No . To me it would just open up a whole lot of loopholes and make our DNR`s jobs about a million times tougher. I know there is party hunting with firearms legal in other states. But this is the first I ever heard any state even considering it for primitive firearms or archery.

[ QUOTE ]
No and No. With that being said I will just shake my head in disbelief.

[/ QUOTE ]

...pretty much sums up my thoughts
wall.gif

First I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention Willie

You have a DOUBLE NO from me also I've been hunting w/ a bow since 1974 and w/ a muzzleloader from the begining I would HATE to see that in either season
Thanks again
Mike

Back