Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Party Hunting

MW Peewee

Hi All.... I am relatively new to the site, and was wondering if someone could set me straight on archery party hunting.... is this legal in Iowa? I looked through the regs from last year and didn't seem to find it mentioned - maybe I missed it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to the site PeeWee! As far as the party hunting goes, you can't share tags like the gun hunters can. Only you can use an archery tag with your name on it.

Thanks guys.... I thought that was the way it is and just wanted to confirm. I was looking for the info to settle an argument with another hunter who thought it was legal. Any ideas on where this might be documented?

This should solve it. Top right of page 28.

Hunting Regulations

"Hunters in the Youth/Disabled Hunter, Bow, Early
Muzzleloader, and Late Muzzleloader seasons must
shoot their own deer and tag only the deer they shoot."

"Hunters in both shotgun seasons and the November
and January Antlerless-only seasons may shoot
deer for each other, but each deer must be tagged
within 15 minutes of the time it is killed or before it is
moved whichever occurs first. A deer taken in any of
these seasons will be considered in the possession of
the hunter whose tag is affixed to it. A hunter may not
carry a deer license or transportation tag issued to
another hunter while deer hunting."

As previously stated party hunting is not legal for bowhunting. Some people interchange, or are confused, with the terms party hunting and deer drives.

You can legally deer drive for any deer season as long as the participants are licensed deer hunters for that particular season. Drives are nothing more than "pushing" deer to other hunters.

Party hunting allows you to shoot someone else's deer who is actively participating in the hunt with you.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the site PeeWee! As far as the party hunting goes, you can't share tags like the gun hunters can. Only you can use an archery tag with your name on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!!!
In ND all party hunting is illegal. This includes all deer hunting and Bird Hunting. You have to shoot your own Geese and Pheasants along with your own deer.

Top Bottom