Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Payback

That's awesome! Since when are flying drones legal to own by a private organization? Couldn't the plantation sue peta for privacy invasion or trespass of some sort?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
This issue will be a hot button topic in the very very near future. The downing of the drone at Broxton Bridge Plantation may be the “shot heard round the world”. I believe currently it is illegal for private citizens to own surveillance drones. I’m not 100% sure on this. There is a new company coming to CR that will build drones not only for the military and law enforcement but private use as well.

This will open a whole can of worms. Does your neighbor have the right to fly a drone over your place to see your deer? What if he rented an airplane and flew over? Any difference? It is illegal to shoot at aircraft, but is an unmanned aircraft in the same category? Where is my right to privacy?
Somebody mentioned hunter harassment. I can see where that could be a consideration or deterrent from this activity, but how high can they be and not be considered harassment?

Kind of reminds me of celebrity weddings. I’m not sure how they keep the news copters from flying over short of having the FAA declare a temporary no fly zone. I suppose if you were going to hold a shoot of some kind and wanted no aircraft in the vicinity you could apply for an FAA no fly zone but I don’t know how long that takes or how much it costs or even how it is enforced.

One other deterrent may to require private drones to register with the FAA and get a tail number, file flight plans etc.

For those of you who don’t wanna see any more laws would it be OK to pass a law limiting the use of drones or is it OK to let the free market place control this situation?

Perhaps someone with a pilot’s license can shed more light on altitude restrictions etc.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Looks like it needs to be higher than the effective range of bullets :way:

Mobile Cooter using IW

A whole new concept in bullets/munitions, altitude sensing shot packets. Range it, set the packets desired altitude, load shell into your favorite shotgun, pull the trigger and watch the drone fall from the sky. Either that or find an old WWII ack-ack gun.

Even better idea, a rocket powered altitude sensing shot packet. Take a 3.5 inch 10 gauge shell, load enough powder in the shell so when you pull the trigger the rocket “launches” out of the barrel and when the rocket is a safe distance away from the shooter then the rocket motor ignites hurtling the shot pack to its prescribed altitude the shot packet explodes sending hundreds of tiny lead balls into the drone causing it to crash to the ground where it hits and kills a wolf thus making the PETA/SHARK pukes cry twice. I bet the guys at “Suns of Guns” could figure it out. Actually they’d cry three times on accounta the lead.

Top Bottom