Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pending Hunting Legislation

avidhunter

As serious an issue as the upcoming hunting legislation is for all resident hunters, we might consider staging a rally at the capitol building in Des Moines... just a thought.

I participated in a very successful rally for Iowa credit unions last year, when the big nasty banks were lobbying our legislators to change the tax laws, so credit unions couldn't compete. In case you haven't guessed, I work for one
grin.gif

It has a HUGE impact when a couple hundred or so folks show up on their doorstep to make their voices heard.

We could have the IBA president speak, and maybe invite a senator or representative (that's on our side) speak as well. It would be a great way to get some free publicity, in a positive forum that we create.

Once again, just a thought
smile.gif

sounds like a craptastic idea to me. once again, the IBA has pulled the wool over your eyes. and somebody was saying the IBA hasnt taken a stance yet..and you're already talking about bringing their president in to make sure no more Commie land stealing rich fat sleazy NR's come in to destroy hunting in iowa forever. haha you guys make me sick!

Deerslayer,

I see you put some deep thought into that post.

[ QUOTE ]
once again, the IBA has pulled the wool over your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain this comment?

WEATHER YOU UNDERSTAND THIS OR NOT DEERSLAYER_37. YOU ARE THE ONE GIVING NR'S BAD NAMES AND RAPS EVERYWHERE. SEEING YOU SPOUT YOUR RIDICULOUS BS WITH NO FACTUAL INFO BEHIND IT IS GETTING OLD. YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A NR IN THIS STATE. I DONT CARE IF YOU OWN GROUND OR NOT, I PAY PROPOERTY TAX, INCOME TAX, STATE AND LOCAL SALES TAX, MY FELLOW IOWANS AND I SHOULD COME FIRST AND HAVE A RIGHT TO FIGHT FOR WHAT WE BELIEVE IN, AND PUSH FOR ISSUES THAT ARE GOING TO BENIFIT US BEFORE YOU, AS YOU SHOULD IN YOUR OWN STATE. REMEMBER YOU ARE REPRESNETING THE NR'S WITH EVERY POST YOU MAKE HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE SEES IT THAT WAY!

Deerslayer,

I think you need to tone it down a little. We can debate but don't have to bash or name call. It's easy to be nasty on the computer. Before you post think of whether or not you would say the same thing in the presence of those on the site.

I contacted my local state rep(Clel Baudler) and this was some of his reply....
Bret,

I read your email, there's so many factors on this, that you wouldn't believe it. Even from out of state outfitters, suing the DNR and that would amount to the Courts issuing licenses because of interstate commerce. We will not increase the out of state Buck licenses. You can come and express your concerns at my next Legislative Coffee in Greenfield on February 26, at 10:00 am.

Clel Baudler

I am definitely going to try to make it and see what all the factors are....

TRX,

I hope that you can go to that meeting and report what he has to say. I would go with you, but I have to work that weekend. Please keep us posted.

Ron

Deerslayer-
In case you missed it in the other post.

"Deerslayer,
I always try to stay positive on this site. With that said, I think you need to sit back, Oh...say 5 to 10 years and let yourself mature a little before you make anymore comments. You really haven't made any good points what-so-ever. However, you have came across very immature, selfish, and basically rude to all on this board. We generally don't have much fighting on this board and 99% of our disagreements are handled with tactful, well thought out, respectful comments, and refrain from name calling. If you could abide by these basic principles we all would appreciate it.

Consider yourself very fortunate to have what you have. Be thankful for that and please respect the members of this site and the residents of the state of Iowa. Most of them don't own a 1000 acres and are just trying to keep a good thing going with what they do have access to.
Best regards"

Supertec-
Deerslayer definately doesn't represent most NR's on this site, but you already know this!
grin.gif

Hey deerslayer

You should be glad your family owns 640 acres in some of the best hunting Iowa has to offer and you have the opportuntity to hunt it at all. There's many members here that have no option but to hunt public property. If you want to discuss this issue with some maturity your opinions are welcome. If you want to resort to your teenage tempertantrums you should come to the Rendevous in June and tell us your thoughts there in person. It's in NE Iowa so it wouldn't be to far for ya.

PS. Do you have any relation in Michigan?
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PS. Do you have any relation in Michigan?[/qoute]

Hmmmmm? Wonder what that's supposed to mean?

Deerslayer,
Is it true that you are 15 years old? I saw posts on another website from Deerslayer_37 out of Prairie Du Chien.

FLETCHMAN

The "Michigan" comment was refering to an annoying visitor here a while back from Michigan. He hung around for 2 or 3 month's and hasn't been back. Were glad you took his place. We like people from Michigan.........
waytogo.gif

"Resident, NR, IBA, annoying visitor", how does it always spin to here? I suspect Deerslayer wont respond to your comments because he probably cant........Just a guess.
What did we accomplish here?

I'd say the first 5 reply's were good........then it went to crap. Wasted keystrokes if you ask me.
CRITR

Top Bottom