Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Peta Kills Animals"

simplesimon

PETA Employees Arrested For Animal Cruelty

Two employees of the radical animal-rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have been arrested and will be charged with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty. A month-long investigation in Ahoskie, NC helped authorities nab the PETA activists as they dumped dead dogs -- including SEVEN PUPPIES -- in a dumpster behind a local Piggly Wiggly.

Authorities investigated similar dumpings for four weeks. Perhaps not coincidentally, that's also how long the Center for Consumer Freedom has run a billboard in New York City's Times Square. The billboard has exposed millions of Americans to PETA's dirty secret -- PETA Kills Animals! PETA put to death more than 10,000 animals from 1998 to 2003 -- and the group is four weeks late filing state papers indicating how many more dogs and cats it killed in 2004.

Read the breaking news story at www.petakillsanimals.com And don't forget to tell everyone you know about our petition to revoke PETA's tax-exempt status and urge them to sign on at www.petakillsanimals.com

Imagine that. Thanks for the update, dirtball. It’s very sad when you think of all the people who for whatever reason (moving, allergies, etc) couldn’t keep their pet and trusted that the ‘enlightened and benevolent’ peta would take good care of them but instead killed them in their van and threw them away like trash. Hopefully more of the general population will wake up, dig a little deeper and realize that the leadership of peta is not who they think they are. Their ultimate goal is “total animal liberation.” That means no pets or domesticated animals of any kind - they want them neutered into extinction.

Scary...

Not that i like PETA, but you are twisting the truth a bit...
Those PETA employees ran a humane pet euthanization program for animals that would otherwise met a less humane fate. They made the dumb mistake of dumping the carcasses in a public dumpster, that's a pretty poor decision. The real bad eco-terrorists are the ALF and ELF.

The point is the hypocrisy. This is a group who calls hunters murderers and compares eating animals to cannibalism. And if this letter is true it doesn’t sound too humane to me:

“Dana Cheek, the former (and most recent) director of the Norfolk SPCA, wrote to us recently:
I often receive phone calls from frantic people who have surrendered their pets to PETA with the understanding that PETA will "find them a good home." Many of them are led to believe that the animals will be taken to a nearby shelter. Little do they know that the pets are killed in the PETA van before they even pull away from the pet owner's home…”

PETA kills 85 percent of the animals it takes in, and finds adoptive homes for just 14 percent. By contrast, the Norfolk SPCA, whose shelter is located less than 4 miles from PETA's headquarters, found adoptive homes for 73 percent of its animals in 2003.
(From petakillsanimals.com)

As far as ALF and ELF go, peta has donated to both organizations and has been a media spokes-person for ALF in the past.

Just do a search on peta alf connections. Here's one: http://www.huntingmag.com/peta_0519/

I believe that most of petas supporters are just very misinformed but kind-hearted people who think they are ‘doing the right thing’ by donating to this group who uses about 1% of its 25,000,000 dollar budget to actually help animals.

I am not twisting anything and I am not trying to start a debate. Maybe the subject of the thread is misleading and should have been titled "Peta arrested for animal cruelty" I think that my post was pretty accurate on the events that took place. I just seen it on the news and someone posted it on another forum that I frequently visit. I checked it out for myself and thought that I would post it. Like Kat said, we need as much support for the hunters to prove that we are ethical individuals. You can bet your sweet tail that if the someone that was affiliated with some organization such as Pennies for Poachers got caught poaching that someone would bring it to the publics attention and try to dis-credit hunters.

Top Bottom