Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Picket Fence; 2009 and This Year-2010

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
Here is a buck that I call Picket Fence.

Picket Fence showed up on the cams last summer (2009) and I immediatley could see that he had the potential to blow into a monster if given the chance to live a few more years.

Here he is last summer as what i'm guessing is 2.5 years old?
MDGC0090-1.jpg

MDGC0095-1.jpg

Here is Picket Fence this year as what I am guessing to be 3.5 years old?
MDGC0220.jpg

MDGC0225.jpg

MDGC0229.jpg

He is going to get the pass this year because I really do think that he has the potential to turn into a giant and a lifetime buck. He is living in an area with low hunting pressure as well which gives me hope that if given the opportunity of harvesting him, and passing, that he will make it another year. To say that i'm excited to see what this deer turns into if he makes it a few more years is an understatement.

Do you guys think i'm right about his ages; 2.5 in 2009 and 3.5 this year?

Yes, you are probably right on the age. If I had him standing below me at 5 yards in November I don't know if I could pass him up. You have more patience than I do. Good luck. Let us know if you do pass him up. If you don't see him next year it wouldn't haunt me but I would wonder why I let him go.

i'd say you nailed the age. he's maturing into a bruiser. he's going to be tough to pass on ;)

WOW. LOVE tall and narrow bucks! nwhawk is right...he will be tough to pass on but will be an absolute freak in one more year! What's pretty neat is that you got pics of him last year and this year in the EXACT same spot!

Great looking buck but I almost think he is a 4 year old now. He looks too well built on the 8/30/09 pic to be a two year old to me but who knows.....

I hope you dont see him for another year. If he comes running in after a doe in november it would be easy to mess up and shoot him. 1 more year.

If you need help thinning some of these good buck out let me know.with that many they are going to break tines fighting each other:)

cool seeing these bucks from one year to another.

If you need help thinning some of these good buck out let me know.with that many they are going to break tines fighting each other:)

cool seeing these bucks from one year to another.

Lol, like you need any help. If I recall, last year you killed 3 giants? Or was it 4? Anyways, point proven. You get no help, if anything you should be helping me! :D

That's a wicked looking buck. For sure, give him a pass and hope to see what he has the potential to look like.

2 more years, you've got enough other ones running around to keep your mind off him for awhile. He is going to be so unique if he gets to 5 1/2 :way:

I would almost call him a 4 year old this year, but you know your deer in your area's body structure better than anybody.

Great buck non the less, he will be a G I A N T next year.

you have a great future prospect there my man...should be sweet to see him explode next year. I think you're right on with the age and fo-shizzle that guy deserves a pass...maybe even next year too when he's even bigger.

He has the potential for a lot of junk...love the character he has.

Easy for me to say, but let him walk. He could really turn into something interesting given another year.

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom