Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pics to help u before and after shot.... vitals, anatomy, recovery

Thought this was interesting on my deer. Almost no blood. Ran 30 yds.
da22c7be8d10bed80349a0d2547c95c5.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Suspect that the holes in the body wall were far enough forward that the upper leg muscles kept them from gaping open as much as a hit a little farther up and/or a bit further back where there is less muscle mass to the body wall. Running would also close the holes more than if he was standing or walking. He was for sure losing blood on the inside! Very effective shot placement! Congrats!

Suspect that the holes in the body wall were far enough forward that the upper leg muscles kept them from gaping open as much as a hit a little farther up and/or a bit further back where there is less muscle mass to the body wall. Running would also close the holes more than if he was standing or walking. He was for sure losing blood on the inside! Very effective shot placement! Congrats!
Yes he was full of blood. Entry hole which I saw on contact from the tree was the size of a pop can. The exit was about half that size. I believe you are right about how being close to the shoulder could hold all that blood in. Just goes to show how tricky it can be after you shoot one if you don't see them go down.

Yup, his tank ran dry before very much of the blood found it’s way out while he was running. The kind of blood trail where you trip over the deer while looking for blood. I’ll take that hit any day!!!

For me, if the broadhead gets shot, the blades are trash. Regardless. If it hasn't been shot, I remove them at the end of the season, coat them with a little gun oil, and store them until next year. The oil coating is probably not necessary, but even stainless steel can oxidize/dull in the right environment. After 2 seasons in the quiver, I trash them anyway. Too many cycles into and out of the quiver, or opportunities to drop on the ground, etc... The price of the blade isn't worth the second guessing of a wounded and not found animal.

Top Bottom