Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pill Bottle Call...

Deaner

I was watching "Turkey Call" tonight on OLN. I love this show. It seems well produced. But anyway they had a segment on there showing people how to make a turkey call using a pill bottle that you get medicine in at the drug store. Did anyone else see that? Has anyone ever made one or use one? I started watching it and it looked real easy to make. I got a phone call and missed the whole thing getting made. By the time I got back to the TV the call was made and the guy was calling with it. I looked on the NWTF website tonight hoping they had the directions but I couldn't find them. So has anyone ever made it? If so could you give me the directions? It looks like a fun project.~Deernut

I've never used a pill bottle but have made quite a few of them from 35mm film containers. It is the only call I use. Tons of volume if needed and with some practice will make a bunch of different calls.

You can make them with an aluminum cigar tube as well, you can cut them different lengths. Depending on the diameter of the tube the volume and pitch change. I use a bench grinder to cut the 1/2 moon in the screw top. It is getting harder to find a pharmacy that has the old style non-safety caps because you have to stock seperate vials & caps- most new style can be used on the same vial and they don't work well for calls.

By the way, Jay, that new avatar could frighten small children!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
552Copy_of_me_1.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Jay, that new avatar could frighten small children!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He does kind of look like a window peeker in that photo.........
smirk.gif

I like the smaller picture better jay. You kind of look like George Foreman looking for his lean mean grilling machine. Is that they mighty substandardburban in the back gound. So what ever happened with bonker and the burban?

Top Bottom