Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pine Lake Storm

ElkHunter

Life Member
For those that shot the Fall Festival Fri or Sat wise choice. For those that shot Sunday hope everyone is OK. Sunday AM all TV stations in the area called for chance of severe thunderstorms. As the morning progress it became evident it would happen. Only warnings we had were looking at radar on cell phones. We told all that registered that severe weather was possible and they still wanted to shoot. When the ugly clouds rolled in board members went to practice range and beginning of courses to tell folks not to shoot. People still grabbed scorecards and tried to beat the storm. The PA system is old and can’t be heard on the range, never been a real problem before.
Very proud of board and membership for jumping on 4 wheelers and just plain running the course looking for people stranded. BIG THANKS to First Responders medical people for assisting with injuries. We were very fortunate that all were minor. With all the downed trees, I thank God that no one was hurt badly.
Not sure what else could have been done. I know of one board member, with grandkids at the state park who made a quick call to make sure family was OK and headed out to help others. Only to find out later a tree was on the camper.
I’m 59 years old and have never experienced a storm quite like that one. Once in a lifetime is enough. For those that helped out THANK YOU, for those who think the IBA didn’t do enough I apologize.
This was a day that the good Lord and Mother Nature showed us who is really in charge.

What a Mess!

hoofline.gif

I was not able to attend the IBA Fall Festival this year, but here are a couple of photo’s that were sent to me of the aftermath of the storm that ripped though the shoot on Sunday.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hoofline.gif

i was on target ten and got caught in the storm. not pleasant, when we signed in nobody said boo to us. not blaming anybody just stating facts. was very scary out there. rutnstrut and i didnt know whether to sh!t or go blind but we are both alive and well. my truck is a mess and you know its bad when a body guy says that. cant blame it on nobody but old mother nature.

The hail was bad enough to kill livestock and deer in the area. I'm going to head to the area with some hunters that I know.....they have found multiple dead deer in the timbers that they hunt. I'm in Grundy, 15 miles away, and have been cutting down tree limbs all week to keep them off of house roofs. Glad to hear that everyone was alright and no serious injuries occurred.

Top Bottom