Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pine trees for rubbing post

Fueledtohunt

Anyone have any pine trees they would sell for use for a rubbing post? All I can seem to find without cutting down my neighbors trees is cedars.

Dude cedars are as good as anything in my opinion. It's all I use anymore. Handy if u can find 1 which already has the lower limbs rubbed off, which is fairly common here. Otherwise just put on your leather gloves and chainsaw them off. Multitask and save some redwood for your clothing tubs and limbs for your blinds.

Dude cedars are as good as anything in my opinion. It's all I use anymore. Handy if u can find 1 which already has the lower limbs rubbed off, which is fairly common here. Otherwise just put on your leather gloves and chainsaw them off. Multitask and save some redwood for your clothing tubs and limbs for your blinds.
Do u leave them out multiple seasons or are they done after one year? There’s a few spots it would be nice to have a post I didn’t replace every year.

Never had any luck with cedars in my hood. Wish I did. They are alot more available!

Do u leave them out multiple seasons or are they done after one year? There’s a few spots it would be nice to have a post I didn’t replace every year.
I have several going on year 3 and a couple on year 4. They'll keep pulling bucks in. I've never screwed a fresh cedar bough to the top of them, but I'm tempted to try it this year to just to get them scraping and sniffing a little more. They still come up and rub them and pose though.

• Deleted by Fueledtohunt
Show…
Cedar tree -- 092023.jpg

I drove back roads and found a cedar tree in a ditch. Cut it down doctored it up and "replanted" where I wanted it :)

Top Bottom