Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Planning my first pheasant hunt in Iowa

idsman75

My office has a new face and he's a pretty cool guy. His uncle owns about 600 acres in Iowa which he leases out to hunting parties. The new guy told me that I could hunt there with my dad provided that he hunts with us. This is my second hunting season living in Iowa and I didn't hunt pheasant in Iowa last year because all of my private land connections are in Nebraska which is just a hop/skip/jump away from Sioux City where I live. I have a copy of the DNR's Hunting/Trapping/Fishing Regulations but I'm at a bit of a loss for what I am trying to find. What licensing fees/requirements are there in order to hunt pheasant in Iowa for a resident (me) and a non-resident (dad)?

I hunted pheasant in Iowa back in 1995 and it seems to me that there was more than just a hunting license and habitat fee involved. If anyone can set me straight, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. Sorry...can't figure out how to delete this post to move it to another conference. I know it doesn't pertain to Whitetails. Forgive me for my faux pais.

Go to Scheels, Walmart, or Kmart and buy your license. As long as you were born before 1971 the only thing you'll need is the lisence and habitat fee. Same goes for the out of state license. If you were born after '71 you'll have to show proof of your hunters safety or go take a class.

I appreciate the help. I was born after 1971 but I think I got around the hunter's safety issue due to the fact that I am in the Army. I had my New York hunter's safety card ready to go but they didn't ask for it (or any form of identifcation for that matter). Dad was born before 1971 so it looks like he's only going to have to fork over the $89.00 for the license and habitat fee.

I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Top Bottom