Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Please Welcome - Joe Meder, Kodiak Limited

Limb Chicken

It is with great pleasure that I introduce a guy that really needs no introduction but I will anyway...
grin.gif

Joe Meder has been a friend since 1976 when he completed my fathers elk mount. He has mounted all of my deer as well as a wood duck he did for me in 1986 that looks like it just came out of his shop. He is a world class taxidermist based in Solon, Iowa and has had his hands on some of the most famous bucks in the world.

Here are a few of Joe's credentials:

• Has won world and national champion taxidermy awards

• Has judged and conducted seminars in numerous World Taxidermy Competitions and National Taxidermy Competitions

• Has judged and conducted seminars in over 30 states throughout the U.S.

• Has served as a judge and conducted seminars in five European taxidermy competitions, including the past three competitions sponsored by the European Taxidermy Federation in Norway, Finland, France, and Italy.

• Served as president of the National Taxidermy Association.

• Recipient of the Award of Excellence given by the National Taxidermy Association *Lifetime member of National Taxidermy Association and Safari Club International

• Has taught taxidermy classes at his studio in Solon, IA for the past 18 years

• A high number of students Joe has taught have gone on to win state and major competition awards in the gamehead category.

• Many of Joe's mounts have been featured on the front cover of both taxidermy and hunting magazines

• Has mounted many world record whitetail deer including the original Jordan, the Hole in the Horn, and the Breen

• Sculpts whitetail deer forms using whitetail deer from his research pen as reference

• Is widely recognized for his expertise in mounting large game including North American and African species

Joe is now on board as a sponsor for this site...keep in mind this is not a simple banner exchange. Joe has offered to mount the winner of the big buck contest this year. Examples of his work can be found at joemeder.com. I have not had the time to stop at his studio in the last week but he has several new pictures of his work he would like to share. I will post them within the next week (or get strung up
grin.gif
) He is a lurker on the site so be nice...
evil.gif

Welcome aboard Joe!!!
waytogo.gif

Thanks for your sponsorship on the best whitetail site on the web!
grin.gif

Welcome Joe ... based on the last few years results you will be mounting a good one for the winner ... 180"+
waytogo.gif

Welcome Mr. Meder.

I have never seen your work in person, but I have seen several photos of deer that you have mounted for others.

You are truly an artist and obviously have a good working knowledge of the whitetail deer. Your mounts are very life like and truly beautiful.

Joe Meder is great guy and an awesome taxidermist.... I have 3 mounts done by Joe. If you got the chance to see the beautiful pedistal mount of Gene Wensel's 230" Nontypical at the Iowa Deer Classic... then you witnessed Joe's work.....

Welcome Joe!!!! Glad to have you here.

Top Bottom