Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poachers Busted!!

I quit putting the deer that I harvest in the record books serveral years ago. The books mean nothing to me and it is just a good way for people to see where the big ones are taken and for them to move in and start hunting the same area....... We cant stop out of state hunters but I am not going to tell then what county that I am taking my deer from.. Let them do there own scouting

Well if that doesn't make someone think twice
about poachung I don't know what will. Way to go DNR!!!

I took my deer near Fairfield this year and I heard from a friend that they had even taken pictures of there deer and had some videos too of there kills.

I live 1 mile from where the Arkansaw men were hunting, if you want to call it hunting I quess..... I know the land owner and he is a little shady if you know what I mean. They did get a 18,000 fine and there mathews bows and stands and radios taken but they got to keep there trucks..... If it was up to me they would be walking home!!!!!

I found a big buck with his head cut off and they even caped it out. It was no more than 50 yards off a paved road no less. I called the local DNR agent to check it out but it is a little to late.

I think they should put a much stiffer fine for poaching. I know you cant not catch all of them but maybe make a few examples out of some of them and it might make the others think about it..........

I'd like to know if the "friends" of these poachers that helped them acquire those resident tags got busted? Who ever helped them get the tags should get fined just as severely.

Isn't the electronic licensing system suppose to help eliminate this?

I did not see the loot. But I do know they have an auction every year in Des Moines for all the confiscated stuff.

Unfortunately, since these guys had 3 mathews bows they also might be able to afford to pay the fines and not lose much sleep about it.

To me 1/2 of the fun of the sport is playing by the rules!

They used to have an auction every year. They didn't have one last year though. I don't think I've every seen more than 2 or 3 bows at the auction. They have a ton of guns though, but judging by the prices some of that brings. There must be a bunch of poachers buying their own stuff back.

the mans land that they were hunting on did not get any fine. The hunters were even staying in his basement. I would guess he helped them to get there tags. He doesnt let locals hunt his ground but he opens his arms to out of staters if they have a check book......

The auction is usually early May at the varied industries building at the fairgrounds in Des Moines.Now about the poachers. It seems to me that someone dropped the ball, if they didn't charge the guy that they stayed at his house and hunted his land. If what you are saying is true. I wish Iowa would adopt a policy that if you poach and get caught you lose your right to hunt in the state forever.

That's sort of like the get away driver in a robbery not being charged as an accesssory to the crime....the DNR should put a lein against his property if he helped them get tags. I seem to remember something called "aiding and abetting a criminal"?

The state must adopt a policy that states we will punish poachers and those that harbor poachers.

ok fellas, i have the whole story about the 4 guys from LA. one of which is my uncle, and another is married to a distant cousin of mine. before you stereotype me, i just want to tell you that i hunted the same place last year. i will not say exactly where it is, besides the fact that it is near Lockridge. Last year I hunted there legally. we were hunting at my cousin's land. He moved there a few years ago and the land belongs to the farmer he works for. he does not hunt at all, but he told us there were an overabundance of deer there. so i made plans to go. me and 2 of my podna's had NR tags for bucks. we all shot 8 point bucks; i just want to let you know that i do all my hunting legally. my uncle did not kill a single deer. they all had NR tags, but antlerless. the other guy that is related to me (by marriage) killed a ridiculously small doe, probably 6-7 months old. This guy is a really big asshole. he used my uncle who was going there only to visit. so this guy, who was invited, invited 2 of his friends. one of which killed 7 DEER!! 2 eight pointers, one was pope and young class (140), a 6 pointer, 4 does. the other guy killed an 11 pointer, and 8 pointer. that really disgusts me. so these dumbass's decide to go home and stoped at a gas station (not Dairy Queen)in Missouri, and one of them decided to take a half- ass bath in the rest room when the game warden stopped to see what was going on; since they had a trailor with 2 4 wheelers and 11 ice chest on the back. at the same time my uncle was driving off in his car. the 2 guys in the truck were BUSTED. the ass of the bunch gave the warden a lil trouble. that went on for a while. hours later my uncle heard what happened and turned himself in when he got to LA. they went to court 2 weeks later and paid a combined $35,000 in fines and lost their rights to hunt in IA for 5 years. i figure they got off great. they should have been in whole lot more trouble than that. what happened was the old land owners told them to shoot as many as they could, they told us the same, but i am not as dumb as the others i guess. and i also have a conscience. i told the guys that were with me that if that shot any illegal deer i would kill them. b/c the landowners mean well, but thet won't be the one paying the fines. well if there are any more ???'s just holla at me crassh8979@yahoo.com/

Top Bottom