Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poachers Caught

KPM

Life Member
Seems that in Woodbury County last night they busted some poachers with 3 bucks that would go more than 150 along with a number of other bucks. Our local CO's did some good leg work on this one to make the bust and the fines will be rather high from the sounds of it. They also had a tom and a number of coon that were taken illegally. When this makes the paper I will try and post it.

Make sure and post their names so they can completely humilated. Also, contact their boss so their life is completely ruined.
mad.gif

I just wish they'd make them all come to the auction at the end of the year so they can watch people buy their trucks, 4 wheelers, guns and whatever else really really cheap. It'd be nice to put a face with the poacher so we can thank them for being a$$es and getting their stuff sold off cheap!!!
brick[1].gif

Huntnfish21, I've just got to ask why you're so dead set against this? You said you expected to be bashed after posting your opinion on the TIPS post by Onecam but you weren't. I think the longer you hang out here you'll come to understand that very little "bashing" goes on here in spite of many differing opinions and backgrounds. It's what makes this the best site there is. I'm just curious as to the reasoning for your take on the publishing of these stories & including their names. It seems to me to be no different than the stores that have a prominent list of the people they won't take a check from after being ripped off by them in the past or the posting of sex offenders and publishing their addresses. Does this fall under the same guidelines for you? that it shouldn't be done? Remember, not criticizing, just curious. Maggs

I don't think publishing their names is nearly enough, how about posting their pictures on billboards across the state. That way if i ever run across one of them I kick them strait in the do-dads!

huntnfish you sound like your looking for an argument. I dont agree with you at all. Everyone ends up in a situation wher you may get the urge to poach(or the thought may go through you head) but noone with any integrity would do it. I know i wouldnt. If your low enough to poach deer like that than you dont deserve any special treatment.

huntnfish

first off, this is a hunting site and message board, so you are probably going to find that most of us are against poaching. probably one of the 'ten commandments' of hunting....

second, no one is trying to ruin a poacher's life. but they are the ones that have to deal with the consequences. when convicted of a crime, the offender's name is public knowledge.

i think that on a website dedicated to ethical hunting, it is very appropriate to 'call out' those that are ruining what most of us consider sacred.

just my opinion...

Re: huntnfish

B.O.B., If you read my thread under TIP cases you would realize that I am against poachers as well. I hate it. Last night I was sitting in my stand and someone not 200 yards from pulls off the road and shoots a high power rifle off. I called my CO and haven't heard if they caught the guys. I am mad as hell cause they were shooting towards the land I hunt and I know of 3 good bucks on that land. I hope like hell that they didn't shoot one of those bucks. But if they did I won't go posting names. Here is my overall problem with posting their names. You are giving some scum bag all the reason they need in their mind to come physically harm you or your family. Look at the idiot in Wisconsin. I say leave to the law enforcement officials.

i didn't mean to infer that you were 'pro-poaching.' if you took it that way, i apologize. i, in fact, did read your post on TIP case threat.

i do agree with what you say about 'leaving it to the law enforcement officials,' at least for the 'enforcement' part of it. however, in discussions on a hunting website, i see no problems with posting a poacher's name when telling a story.

Which do you consider to be a stiffer penatly and for the purpose of sending a message to others who consider poaching a animal? A large fine only, or a large fine and having everyone in the state know that you have been convicted of poaching? Would you still walk into the archery shops? Show up at banquets? Attend the deer classic? I think this is a good way to send the point across to those who choose to make that choice! This is no different than when they post DUI's, felons, and child molestors in the papers! I know I want to know who has done what in my area!

When I think of the word poacher, i immediately think of George Waters, in fact I even knew the guy and did not know he was a poacher. Now I got a label for him that will be burned in my memory forever, as well as all the other mentioned poachers. I personally would want to know who they are, and I don't read the paper enough to figure out who they were. So I see no problem with it on here either. I don't think they give them enough of a fine, i would be charging those fools a 1000 dollars an inch of antler they poached, and 1500 for each doe they killed, a little public humilation and a small fine and they are let off easily. That's not exceptable to me, so what's a guy to do, about the only thing we can do, and spread the word, Right or wrong? Who knows
confused.gif

It’s also not all about punishing the poachers themselves. The more we as a hunting society publicly and loudly condemn their actions the more likely the next generation of hunters who grow up seeing these images will condemn poaching as well.

It’s all about education whether it’s the law breakers being educated through stiff fines and public scrutiny or the others on the sidelines seeing the consequences.

If their names are printed in a public newspaper, then you can sure as hell print their names on this site...JMO

I for one would never knowingly associate with a convicted poacher, and therefore would like to know their names....sort of like convicted sex offenders, who have to go door to door to tell all of their neighbors that a pervert is living in their midst
nono.gif

Top Bottom