Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poo Plot

AIRASSAULT

PMA Member
Anybody use manure for fertilizer on food plots? I have a source for a mixture of fresh chicken and rabbit poo and am curious on how much to apply. I've read that using it fresh can be too "hot".

Anybody use manure for fertilizer on food plots? I have a source for a mixture of fresh chicken and rabbit poo and am curious on how much to apply. I've read that using it fresh can be too "hot".

What are you planning on putting in your plot??? Chix manure contains a lot of Nitrogen and depending on what you are planting the high levels of nitrogen may cause problems. Also, after applying the manure how long are you gonna wait before planting? Chicken manure can be composted.

I'm rotating dbltree ' s brassica and cereal grain mix. I would probably til it in right before planting. I also have fairly sandy soil.

Unless you are talking more than one or 2 tons per acre I wouldn't worry tough to over do it. If it is a situation where you have unlimited amounts check the iowa state extension they have basic guidelines.

Chick manure is probably some of the best stuff a guy could get. I'd use it over conventional any chance I could get.

Top Bottom