Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Popeye"

letemwalk

I've got 6 night pictures of this buck and his left eye never reflects the camera flash (thus earning him his nickname of "popeye"). Any estimate as to how old he his or what he would score?
51042006-10-27_2_.JPG

51042006-10-13_035-med.JPG

Popeye... I actually laughed out loud at that explanation. Score? Bah! Kill him, he's big enough.

Im with muddy on this one. Who cares about the score, put him in your hands!!!!!! Good gosh already

Do you think he is blind in that eye? If so sneak up on him from the left on a really windy day.
grin.gif

I'm familar with a buck like that with a bad left eye. As a matter of fact, that's how I identified that he had shed out last Winter.

837popeye.jpg

I've taken at least 100 pics of this buck over the past 2 years. His eye was injured during the rut last Fall.

837shedout.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
That is a very old mature buck INHO. I would guess him no less than five.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on the age...and as far as score goes...around 150.

His ones and fours are on the short side.

He is definitely a mature buck to be proud of though.
waytogo.gif

Letemwalk - Invite me for a hunt on this farm, I'll shoot the buck, and then we'll have him scored...

I'm with the others, let the air out of him!

Thanks for the input guys. Trust me, I"ll take him if I get the chance! I assume he's blind in that eye or has really bad cataracts.

I suspect he is older too - I thought at least 4.5. I've had him at 30 yards twice in the past 2 weeks but both times were with too low of light and after shooting hours. I had to use my binocs one time just to see it was him. Now I just need to have him with a few more minutes of light....I'd love to share a harvest photo!

Top Bottom