Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

possible buck down(UPDATE)(pic)

flugge

Shot a buck tonight, I originally thought good shot. Now doubting myself...Some white hair on the scene, and bright red blood on arrow, no bubbles...he ran about 30 yds stopped, looked around, then "death sprinted" about another 30 and stopped...then started walking zig zag lines and shaking tail until he was outta sight...any thoughts?

The deer is dead...He is in the back of my truck...I went back 2 hrs after the shot, and saw the blood trail. It looked like someone was dumping a 5 gallon bucket the whole way. I like the new rage broadheads. Hes just a basket racked 8 pt, but only my second bow buck...I am sooo tickled with him...pics will be up in the morning after I go back to find my release..I will take pics of the blood trail for you rage guys..Thanks for all the advice, and sorry for not listening to all of it completely either...I just couldnt back out after that blood trail. Thanks a ton guys..
Flugge-11/16/07 4:45 pm
100_0964.jpg

Re: possible buck down

dead.......

give him plenty of time to be safe, but sounds like a solid hit to me.....

Good luck and take lots of pix!!!!

good luck sleeping tonight, better play it safe and go to the town pump. Mick will fix you up with something that will help you sleep better!

My buddy's buck did the same thing last year...WAIT!! It was definitely a lethal shot on his, but just missed lungs...

You probably hit vitals, just not enough to put the smack down within eyesight...

IMO, dead buck...Can't wait to see pics!!! Best wishes!

wait till morning and i bet you find him within 100 yards of where you last saw him. Was his tail twitching in circles? If so that is a dead deer my man wait till morning. WHEN IN DOUBT BACK OUT!!!! If he died right away he will still be dead in the morning. Its best to give him time. I give you two thumbs up for backing out. The odds have doubled for you. I expect to see some HARVEST PICS tommorow. congrads.

all great advice Flugge....if he was dead within 100yds he'll still be dead in the a.m.

Do something to keep your mind off him and get a fresh start in the morning.

Came into this late, but congrats I'm glad you found him. Looking foward to the pics.

hoofline.gif

I am glad that you found your deer flugge, Congrats. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

It was a 3 blade rage...Thanks everyone for your congrats...means a lot to me...As I sat in my stand last night, I kept thinking about how I wanted to shoot a monster, and have let sooo many deer walk by. Well I think I got to the point that I wasnt having fun by waiting for a monster. So I wanted to get back to the reason why I hunt. It was great...I was shaking so bad, and just such a rush. But thanks again everyone! There will be another pic or 2 to come later today...thanks again

congratulation flugge. who cares how big it is as long as your happy with it. thats what its all about. looks like you put a great shot on him too.

Top Bottom