Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Post election gun ban alert

teeroy

Life Member
i recieved this forward today...

----- Original Message -----

Subject: Post election gun ban alert

Dear Fellow NRA Member,

In the next few days, you'll receive your new NRA membership card.

The moment you receive it, I urge you to validate your new membership card as soon as possible. More than ever, we need you to stand with NRA and fight to save our Second Amendment freedoms.

Because Barack Obama's campaign promise
not to take away our guns is a lie.

He's not even in office, yet he's fired the opening salvos in a war against the future of the Second Amendment, our hunting and shooting traditions, and YOU.

Obama's FIRST attack on YOU: Appointing Illinois Congressman Rahm Emanuel to be White House Chief of Staff. In Congress, Emanuel earned an "F" rating from NRA, and while working in the Clinton Administration, he was known as the "point man on gun control." He is an avowed enemy of the Second Amendment and will wield enormous power in the battle for the future of our firearm freedoms.

Obama's SECOND attack on YOU: If Hillary Clinton is confirmed as Secretary of State, she'll rip the Second Amendment right out of the Bill of Rights. She'll be our nation's top diplomat with the power to determine whether the United Nations will pass, and Obama will sign, a global gun ban treaty that will surrender our Second Amendment rights and our national sovereignty.

Obama's THIRD attack on YOU: Nominating ex-Senator and former Majority Leader Tom Daschle-an avowed enemy of NRA-to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. NRA was responsible for defeating Daschle when he ran in South Dakota for re-election to the Senate. If Daschle is confirmed, he could hold the ultimate power to declare guns a "public health menace" and regulate away our essential liberties.

Obama's FOURTH attack on YOU: Nominating Eric Holder to be Attorney General. As former Assistant Attorney General, Holder was a key architect and vocal advocate for the Clinton era's sweeping gun ban agenda. He supported national handgun licensing, mandatory trigger locks, and ending gun shows as we know them.

Just recently, Holder opposed the District of Columbia's Heller decision that declared the Second Amendment an individual right. Holder also called for reviving the Clinton gun bans and, as Attorney General, would fight in court to prevent the landmark Heller decision from being made applicable to state and local governments.

Worst of all, if Holder is confirmed as the nation's top law-enforcement officer, he would control BATFE and wield enormous power to harass gun owners and sue America's arms makers out of existence.

Obama's FIFTH attack on YOU: In the job application for the Obama Administration, he made it clear that gun owners are second-class citizens and told 80 million gun owners not to even bother applying for a job. In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide
complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever
lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has
been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts.

On its face, that question endorses gun registration-a mandate in only five states in our nation-and buys into the anti-gun premise that firearms are inherently dangerous and gun owners are prone to misusing them.

That's an outrageous mindset, especially for the President-elect whose sworn duty will be to uphold the U.S. Constitution, including our right to keep and bear arms.

Obama CLEARLY wants to make gun registration the law of the land.

First for employees under his control...AND THEN FOR YOU.

Working with a Congress dominated by gun haters like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, John Conyers, Henry Waxman, and Charles Schumer!!!

Rubbing salt in gun owner wounds is the Brady Campaign, which just issued a completely bogus poll claiming that two-thirds of the Americans-including 60% of all gun owners-favor gun registration, licensing of firearm owners, and other sweeping restrictions on our firearm freedoms!

Add it all up and you have the potential
for a Second Amendment disaster that's unlike
any other NRA members have ever battled.

That's why we need the strongest possible commitment from EVERY NRA member, starting today. That's why I'm hoping you'll validate your new NRA membership card the moment you receive it.

Because our greatest strength is you.

Only by working with you can NRA hold the line against these threats from every quarter. We are the one force that has the strength to keep Americans free and our rights intact for future generations. With you at our side, we will fight and we will prevail against all odds.

Thank you for your loyalty to NRA and the cause of Freedom.

Forward this E-Mail to Friends
and Urge Them to Join NRA Today!

----------------------------------
National Rifle Association * 11250 Waples Mill Road * Fairfax, VA 22030

Nice pile of BS.It never ceases to amaze me what political means people will go through to get your money.
Amazing how the NRA or anyone or any organization "knows" what is in other people's mind.Hey does Loenard Nimoy work for them?
If issues arise address the problem and let your voice be heard.

I canceled my NRA membership years ago because of all the propaganda. Every letter I received from them read the same: BE AFRAID! JOHN DOE IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR GUNS! ONLY WE CAN SAVE YOU! SEND US MORE MONEY!

Lol... I am however glad they exist, if only to counterbalance the left wing propaganda machine... but wait, if the NRA represents the quintessential radical right institution for preserving the 2nd amendment, what then is the antithetical liberal left organization for banning guns?

Hmmmm... I hate to say it folks, but there isn't any... at least not any single organization that has even close to the the resources and refined scare tactic marketing and membership that the NRA has...

If they'd just stop the ridiculous, over the top, fear campaign for your every dollar, I might still be a member...

Maybe I'm missing your point, but try this: One or this: Two or this: Three

There are a ton of smaller pro gun groups than the NRA but at some point in time the NRA out marketed the other groups. It perhaps is a matter of time until one of the anti gun groups gets it stuff together and out mails the NRA.

If you think the NRA sends out a lot of junk, try joinin AARP. You'll never have a day with an empty mail box.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huntin' Fool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are a non res of Iowa, can one carry a concealed weapon in Iowa with a permit from the non res state? </div></div>

No. Doesn't work that way in Iowa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buck,eyehunter16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice pile of BS.It never ceases to amaze me what political means people will go through to get your money.
Amazing how the NRA or anyone or any organization "knows" what is in other people's mind.Hey does Loenard Nimoy work for them?
If issues arise address the problem and let your voice be heard. </div></div>

You might be suprised what the Democrats try to do to our 2nd Amendment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You might be suprised what the Democrats try to do to our 2nd Amendment. </div></div>

STAY CALM AVIDHUNTER, STAY CALM!!!!!

Thanks. That is what I gathered but it doesnt really seem too clear. I even called the county sherriffs office and they couldnt give a straight answer to this question. Many states now allow to carry a handgun with a permit while hunting with another firearm.

Just a random question...If They (The President Elects staff) decide to pass stricter gun laws that will let us keep all of our guns but make things more of a pain in the butt with updating registration on guns and making it harder to purchase guns and what not but the gun crimes in the U.S. drop 10-15% would everybody be good with that? Sometimes I think some people could give a [censored] about what guns do beside using them for hunting and sport use. As long as it doesn't hit home, nothing else matters….

I’m not taking sides, but I would take some stricter gun laws to keep guns out of the hands of people that have no business owning them and keeping them out of some of America’s inner cities. I’m prolly going to get ripped on for this but that’s how I feel…I know I’m going to hear the people kill people line but gun’s definitely make it easy, way to easy!

I don't think It'll matter what laws you pass the criminals will find a way to get them. I doubt the people with guns out rape robbing and piliging have "legal" guns now. Only us law abiding people will be affected. It would just create a bigger market for criminals to make money.
Where there's a will there'a a way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooonie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a random question...If They (The President Elects staff) decide to pass stricter gun laws that will let us keep all of our guns but make things more of a pain in the butt with updating registration on guns and making it harder to purchase guns and what not but the gun crimes in the U.S. drop 10-15% would everybody be good with that? Sometimes I think some people could give a [censored] about what guns do beside using them for hunting and sport use. As long as it doesn't hit home, nothing else matters….

I’m not taking sides, but I would take some stricter gun laws to keep guns out of the hands of people that have no business owning them and keeping them out of some of America’s inner cities. I’m prolly going to get ripped on for this but that’s how I feel…I know I’m going to hear the people kill people line but gun’s definitely make it easy, way to easy!
</div></div>

Criminals are still going to obtain guns illegally, despite whether we get the gun the day we want it or a week later after they do background checks. A world where a criminal knows that a law abiding citizen can't have a weapon to defend themselves is where you're going to see crime skyrocket. But, unfortunately there's a lot of corrupt democrats that would like to see this happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Avidhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... but wait, if the NRA represents the quintessential radical right institution for preserving the 2nd amendment, what then is the antithetical liberal left organization for banning guns?
</div></div>

They don't need a special interest group although the Brady Campaign would be the quintessential example. Can't argue the effectiveness of their scare tactics. Every time the word gun is even whispered in Washington their name comes up. Even though examples exist, congressional Democrats are the real worry of the NRA both at the state and national level.

Lots of good info here: US Crime stats

If you look at demographics the majority of hand gun deaths are between the ages of 14-24. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to be 21 to own a hand gun? I'm making an assumption that the victims are in the same age demogrphic, 14-24, as thier assailants so the hand gun that was used in the vast majority of these crimes was probably "owned" by a criminal based soley on their age.

What I haven't figured out yet is how the criminals come by their guns. Do they steal them? Is there a "pusher" of sorts in the neighborhood that sells legally purchased guns to criminals? If so, how do you stop that activity?

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooonie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a random question...If They (The President Elects staff) decide to pass stricter gun laws that will let us keep all of our guns but make things more of a pain in the butt with updating registration on guns and making it harder to purchase guns and what not but the gun crimes in the U.S. drop 10-15% would everybody be good with that? Sometimes I think some people could give a [censored] about what guns do beside using them for hunting and sport use. As long as it doesn't hit home, nothing else matters….

</div></div>

Criminals are still going to obtain guns illegally, despite whether we get the gun the day we want it or a week later after they do background checks. A world where a criminal knows that a law abiding citizen can't have a weapon to defend themselves is where you're going to see crime skyrocket. But, unfortunately there's a lot of corrupt democrats that would like to see this happen. </div></div>

Here is another scenerio..If you are a felon your home is checked monthly by law enforcement or military personal randomly for guns and other weapons and any other illegal activity. I know there is definitely not the man-power for this but when our military are not out serving out country this might be something they could do to keep things on the home-front safer for everyone. I'm guessing the % of people that commit murders that already have a felony is pretty high. This wouldn’t affect the average Joe like you and I so much as gun laws would and it would really crack down on Felons. But realistically America has millions of felons and it would but really hard to pull something like this off but just another thought…

Not being a smart ace here scooonie, but lets look at it this way. I really do believe that they should make cocaine illegal in the U.S. to keep it out of the hands of the criminals. Maybe if they made it illegal, it would detour one criminal, and if anyone ever got sent to jail for it, we could to what you proposed before.

Bonker, you can obtain a firearm from "the crowd" you hang with. Look at it this way, do you know where you could go get some meth? I'm serious, do you know what house to drive to and get some? Or cocaine, or herion? If you know where to get those things, I'm sure you can come by a hand gun.

And no, I don't know where to go get any of the above.

Teeroy, if the NRA dumped the kind of money into a campaign that said you like to wear little girls dresses as they have into this Anti-Obama endeavor, then we would all believe that too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The NRA has lost my respect, what little they had. That same money they dump into their ad campaigns could be used to prevent school shootings or something constructive. If I were the folks at the NRA I would be breathing pretty easy right now. This country is so screwed up that no reasonable President or congress would waste two minutes on gun control legislation.

Top Bottom