Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Post season depression

Beer!!!!!!!

Don't forget, we are winning that turkey contest this year!!

Lots of chainsawing, bowfishing, habitat and plot work, but the next few weeks will be coyotes and trying to get my bobcat.

Gonna go after a few yotes, snow goose hunting, shoot the bow a lot! 3D shoots, cookouts, trail cams, captain n coke, beer, fire, setting stands, always planning for Oct 1& Nov 1.

Last year I set up a summer bow shoot/grill out with poor attendance from 90% of the guys/buddies invited.. so this year I'm gonna focus on myself and my one buddy that cares to better himself just as I do.

2014 is gonna be another great year!

Ice fishing accompanied with Fireball and Yagger.
Yote patrol after that.
Hit up some sports shows.
Turkey hunt in the spring.
A few 3-D's before it gets to hot.
Rip some bass lips.
Camp way more than I did last year.
In theory this is my plan but with a wife and 3 rug rats of 5,5 and 6 years old I'm sure it it will sway a little. :)

Bow hunting deer this weekend and next. ;)
Then I have some orchard pruning that I really need to get done this month.
Applying for NR archery elk tags.
Pick up a mount from the taxidermist.
Plan a Marlin fishing trip for later this summer.
Spring archery turkey.
Plant sets for the garden, then plant and tend the garden.
Fishing will start in April.
Business trip in August.
Next thing you know it's deer season again.

Rinse, repeat.

It's more a mid winter blues for me. By now snow is so deep that really all there is to do is snowshoe some food sources for sheds and maybe take the snowmobile and head out to do some ice fishing for some jumbo pike.
There are a few things deer hunting related I'd like to do but they simply must wait for spring as the weather dictates they must.
I guess I'll keep busy by watching my kids play hockey. Like a lot of Canadian kids that's the game they love so I try and show my support by taking them where needed. Maybe today I'll get lucky and find a road shed somewhere between here and Big River.

Top Bottom