Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Posting Land!

Crockett

PMA Member
What hoops do you have to jump thru to post your land so you can legally prosecute!!?? I have heard a simple .....NO TRESSPASSING! Ain't good enuff!

I doubt it. A neighbor caught a guy, called the CO, got a ticket issued. Before the court date the officer called and said the prosecuter did not want to pursue it because he had not been told before to not tresspass on that part of the farm. Not just the property but specifically that field. He was told unless you verbally told them to stay out of that area he wont procecute. Laws need to be changed. Untill then they need to fear for their life if they cross that fence. Thats the only thing that works.

I doubt it. A neighbor caught a guy, called the CO, got a ticket issued. Before the court date the officer called and said the prosecutor did not want to pursue it because he had not been told before to not trespass on that part of the farm. Not just the property but specifically that field. He was told unless you verbally told them to stay out of that area he wont prosecute. Laws need to be changed. Until then they need to fear for their life if they cross that fence. That's the only thing that works.

We've had problems in Harrison country with getting tickets issued and then they get thrown out... possibly for this same reason. :thrwrck:

These were all the first time these people were caught trespassing, but they haven't been back

The first time i caught tresspasser's on my land it was not posted. I called the sheriff, and the first thing he asked was if my land was posted. Having growing up in the country; i just hate to see orange NO Tresspassing signs everywhere! That summer i posted the entire farm. Two years later i caught another tresspasser, and the sheriff's department took my statement, and issued a ticket.

Iowa trespassing

The first time i caught tresspasser's on my land it was not posted. I called the sheriff, and the first thing he asked was if my land was posted. Having growing up in the country; i just hate to see orange NO Tresspassing signs everywhere! That summer i posted the entire farm. Two years later i caught another tresspasser, and the sheriff's department took my statement, and issued a ticket.

What is the penalty for trespassing in Iowa? I know it cannot be much, but wow it seems like everyone on here, has trespassers every year!

What is the penalty for trespassing in Iowa? I know it cannot be much, but wow it seems like everyone on here, has trespassers every year!
It was $60 including court cost for simple tresspassing. I couldn't prove they were doing anything else. That was five years ago. I am still having problems with trail cams being stolen, but that's because they know i will prosecute. Between the trail cams all over, and word of mouth that you will get turned in if caught on my land, the tresspassing has really tapered off.

Top Bottom